Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance brewers (vacuum)

Hi,

Does anyone know where the cafetino or royal balance brewers can be bought in Australia (if at all)?

They are supplied by coffee4you but they say theyve halted production as of two months ago.

These look like beatiful equipment! A great wedding gift idea. If anyone has any ideas how to get one speak up!

Thanks,
    jprm

Re: Balance brewers (vacuum)

Hi,

there is a stash of them being sold on Fleabay out of the US at present. Mine is enroute as I type  8-) Landed cost at around $180 which is much nicer than $600  :

happy hunting  

Comment

Hi

What can I say ... it looks like one of those things that should have stayed in the 1970s :-)

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by speleomike link=1218890345/0#2 date=1218895562
        Hi

What can I say ... it looks like one of those things that should have stayed in the 1970s :-)

Mike

Maybe...... but believe me they make GREAT coffee! Ideal for cupping as they let even the most subtle flavours come through...... I use a 1940s Cona..... and the coffee it makes is superb 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by speleomike link=1218890345/0#2 date=1218895562
          Hi

Mike
          Errr... try 1820 odd Mike!
          It was a pommie boat builder that invented it as a gift for the Royal Family (from memory), ergo they are known as Royal Coffee Makers. They even put the flame out when they have finished.

I looked at importing some from China about 12 months ago but we would need to buy 1000s of them for the manufaturer to talk to us. In those quantities they were US$50 + shipping, duties, taxes etc etc so if you can land one for $180 you are doing ok I think.

Look forward to seeing how you go with it Beanflying.

Comment

Hi Andy,

I saw them on Alibaba as well 1000 seemed a litle heavy for a first order too : I am a sucker for mechanical and strange toys. I also did spot a vintage Balance Swiss made brewer in the UK on Fleabay at the moment but one is plenty ;D

Off to my big kids toy shop to work Should be playing instead.

Comment

Wow 1820s :-)

Anyhow I like the latter one that beanflying posted with the blue cloth background. That looks like some nice brass, and more decorative and older styling.

The earlier one just looks "tinny" if you sorta know what I mean.

Mike

Comment

The one I am getting is Gold and Palladium plated brass mush less polishing needed There is method to the madness

Comment

Originally posted by beanflying link=1218890345/0#1 date=1218891149
                  Hi,

there is a stash of them being sold on Fleabay out of the US at present. Mine is enroute as I type  8-) Landed cost at around $180 which is much nicer than $600  :

happy hunting  

Thanks for the help! Can you show me a link to fleabay? I googled it and got this address http://www.fleabayclassifieds.com/index.php. It cant find anything when searching cafetino, balance, or royal. Is there a different site?

Thanks again,
                  jprm

Comment

fleabay usually means ebay (evilbay *Mwahaha)

Comment

Sorry for the fleabay thing Fleabay, Ferralbay, Evilbay = Ebay

I will send you a PM with the info so as not to incour the wrath of the mod team

BTW if any of you are looking for them "Balancing Coffee", "Siphon Coffee", "Vacuum Coffee" or "Syphon Coffee" will find them or the Kono, Cona or Hario style Vacuum Brewers.

Or better yet Buy a Vacuum Brewer from Jack at Sorrentina Coffee one of Cofeesnobs Sponsors

Comment

hi jprm

the coffee 4 u brewer is imported by a site sponsor
                        Sorrentina Coffee give jack a call

graham

Comment

Thanks graham. Ill check it out.

jprm

Comment

i absolutely love my bodum santos siphon.

i plan to one day get one of these fancier ones unfortunately the budget does not allow. If sorrentina sells these its not on their webpage that i can see.

Comment

Try http://sorrentinacoffee.myshopify.com/collections/vacuum-siphon-syphon-coffee-makers

Comment

Working...
                              X