Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• machine for holiday

Hi,

Any suggestion for decent coffee machine to take on holiday, dont forget 20kg is the limit when travelling by air.

thanks

Re: machine for holiday

Aeropress if you like brewed coffee, presso if you like espresso. Teamed with a hand grinder, you are in business.
    James

Comment

La Sorrentina and I-mini is my combo.

Comment

Aeropress, but should be teamed with a grinder capable of espresso quality grind. My Zassenhaus hand grinder is not up to it, but then its rather old. I took the Aeropress and Rocky on holiday a couple of weeks back and enjoyed great coffee, but then I didnt have to fly.

Cheers,
        Alan

Comment

Originally posted by summercrema link=1228977520/0#0 date=1228977519
          Hi,

Any suggestion for decent coffee machine to take on holiday, dont  forget 20kg is the limit when travelling by air.

thanks
          My holiday machine is a Diadema Perfetta....take nothing else and you just fit in to the limit! ;D

Comment

Comment

Holiday combo is Metal Syphon/Zass for camping or Glass Syphon/Zass for Moteling or civilised trips . Used to be a double walled Avanti Plunger and Zass before that.

Comment

I had a look at the Presso the other day, it comes with a frothing pump tool not happy with it. Now what about this one Bellman Stainless Stove Top Coffee Maker CX25P, it has a pressure gauge, it is within my budget , is there anyone has experience with it ? Thanks

Comment

with the Bellman Stainless Stove Top Coffee Maker CX25P someone told me it tends to burn the coffee as stovetop unit boils water to boiling point. So how can I stop it at the right water temperature?

Comment

Id go with runfast... not melitta papers though, but try and get my hands on some Filtropa papers ,
                    ... and ur grinder

Comment

the small 1 cap aluminium stove top its weight about 125 grams its the size of a small digital camera ( less than 100 mm toll) if you so lucky to get your hand on one.... alternately the normal 1-2 cup for a good cup of coffee is weight 250 grams 135 mm toll still fit in any hand luggage just don’t forgot to take with you your coffee particular if you go in Asia.
                      as for the brand definitly bialetti or any italian made moka dont get those chinese made...

Comment

nealy forgot to say... dont think there is a small portable coffee machine small and lite to take with your fly.

But if you can find one i will be interested in buy

Comment

Im taking my spare Rancilio S24 coffee machine on holiday with me (if my wifey will let me) when we go camping in about two weeks time

The machine is a beast but its practically unbreakable, and Im not so precious about it as I am with my Domus Galatea...

Comment

Originally posted by beanflying link=1228977520/0#6 date=1229047201
                            Holiday combo is Metal Syphon/Zass for camping or Glass Syphon/Zass for Moteling or civilised trips . Used to be a double walled Avanti Plunger and Zass before that.

can you point me to a metal syphon?

Comment

Hi,

you will need to search feralbay in particular the USA for Nicro, Silex or Duralax are the 3 most common ones.

happy hunting

Comment

Working...
                              X