mypressi portable espresso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mypressi portable espresso

I just saw a post on Facebook by Ian Callahan of this nifty espresso maker shown at the Atlanta trade display, check it out:-

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=88743548472&h=DIULJ&u=3YNqE&ref=nf

Re: Soda Bulb Portable espresso maker

Cool toy  8-) Far more stylish than the Hand Presso and no suspicious pumping motions  

Better yet it uses real coffee not pods

Comment

I would buy one of those for mostly as a holiday travel machine
      Looks like a great invention

The pre order price is US $129.00 each

This is the official site
      http://mypressi.com/

KK

Comment

it uses reusable gas canisters or something, from what i understood.
        That is a bit odd!!!

Comment

it uses the metal bulbs for soda syphons- I guess it uses the compressed air drive a piston of some sort. I wonder how many coffees you get from one bulb?

Seems to work quite well.

Comment

from the site

100% recyclable standard gas cartridges, approximately 8 single or 4 double shots per cartridge

which makes it look expensive?
            How much is a cartridge?

Comment

I think a box of 12 is around 10 dollars- and the site says you can get 8 singles from on bulb- so around 10 cents per shot- which isnt too bad I guess.

The website says it is the first ever portable espresso machine. Thats a bit rich.

Comment

looks cool, but Ill stick with the aeropress...

Comment

Originally posted by 302C3131262D372A2D22202C25252626430 link=1240696057/6#6 date=1240730170
                  The website says it is the first ever portable espresso machine. Thats a bit rich
                  I guess it really comes down to the definition of "portable" and "espresso". Im guessing they are referring to the fact that it delivers (supposedly) 9bars of pressure across the shot, which does really set it apart from anything else similar that Ive seen.

However, i agree, the statement is a bit rich, maybe they could have worded it a bit better

Comment

Hmmm,

Im with Doug, Ill stick with my AeroPress and no doubt others will prefer their Pressos for portability. I know that the AeroPress doesnt produce espresso but it still makes a very nice cup and is so simple to use, as is the Presso. The idea of having to ensure a ready supply of CO2 bulbs is a bit of a turn-off for me... :-/

Mal.

Comment

That looks like a great device, and Id agree with the theme of the sellers that its probably the first truly portable espresso machine, which the aeropress is not. Indeed I am rather peeved when reading the aeropress instructions stating that it produces espresso shots.

One major limitation of this espresso maker is the fact it uses compressed gas cartridges. Not so much the cost, but the fact you cant travel with them on an aircraft (they are classified as dangerous goods). With so much travel these days involving at least some of the journey on an aircraft, it basically defeats the purpose of having something "portable" if it cant work once you get to your destination Of course if your in a place for a while you could always go out and buy the cartridges, but it all starts getting too hard in my book.

Bottom line; fantastic idea, major design flaw. Will stick with the aeropress

Comment

there is another similar device the handpresso- it beats this new machine to the claim of espresso portability and wont have any problems at the airport... it uses pods- and has a hand powered pump- I have read that there is an adapter available that allows ground coffee to be used instead of pods. Seems to me like this new machine was at least in part motivated by the handpresso.

you can see it here:

http://www.orphanespresso.com/index....roducts_id=533

Comment

Wow, that Handpresso looks very good, I hadnt seen that before. The "Wild DomePod" was using what looked like regular coffee. Id agree, one has clearly ripped off the other.

Comment

The Handpresso Youtube video was posted on CS quiet some time back.

Heres the link again.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbMrfUYDHyI

Comment

Its certainly an interesting gadget, even if only for the curiosity value...

As for cartridges, if theyre soda syphon, we get a shot loaded with CO2 and therefore acid I guess. Creamer cartridges use N2O (I think). Would that lead to sweetness? :-?

I guess that one way or another, shot chemistry will be influenced unless there are compressed air cartridges available somewhere....

Comment

Working...
                              X