Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hario Ceramic filter cone ??

Hi Snobs

Anyone had a play with one of these, this is there blurb from Intel web site:

Over the years, we have experimented with many different methods for brewing single cups of coffee, and the Hario Ceramic Dripper produces the best coffee, by a wide margin. We are in the process of determining exactly why this is. The slope of the cone, the large hole at the bottom, and the ribbing on the side walls all definitely have something to do with it, but we are testing the mechanics before we say for certain. We do claim, with absolute certainty, that the Hario Dripper works better than any other single cup brewer out there.
    Big call or not ?

Chris

Re: Hario Ceramic filter cone ??

Sounds like Intelly to me haha.

Ive been using the Hario V60 dripper everyday for months now, and it just makes sense to me (extraction wise)compared to the trapezoidal shaped which are more common. Ive got both the ceramic and plastic. Also got a plastic KONO the same shape.

Comment

Heres some pics of mine. The second pic is the V60. The group pic is of the KONO one, the two middle are the Harios and the right hand is the traditional trapezoidal shape. I use either of the two middle ones most mornings before heading to work.

Comment

Got to love definitive statements  : I am waiting on one of these to arrive at present. I might steal back my old Melitta Ceramic cone to compare and grab some good papers.

Are you using the Hario papers Dan?

Comment

Originally posted by 4A4D49464E445141464F280 link=1242206574/3#3 date=1242209237
          Are you using the Hario papers Dan?
          Yeah

Heres this mornings brew with the cloth. Theres still a dreg of Beloya in the bottom.

Comment

What the? Dan, how is the cloth clean, but Beloya in the flask?

I also have a V60 plastic one, no prizes for guessing who I have to thank for it (and it is faster than Dans, its red 8-)). Im pretty sure I get better results with it than with the ceramic trapezoidal ones, and yeah, like Dan says, symmetry seems to make sense if youre chasing an even extraction.

Still took some fiddling about with before I was getting good results, especially with working out how to pour - how fast, and where etc. Now, I love it lots!

Cant decide between it and the sock though I do love cloth filter ...

Comment

Originally posted by 2C36203535410 link=1242206574/5#5 date=1242210041
              What the? Dan, how is the cloth clean, but Beloya in the flask?
              Yeah its a stage filter. The used one is soaking in Cafetto EVO. :-[

Comment

Originally posted by 3C26302525510 link=1242206574/5#5 date=1242210041
                Still took some fiddling about with before I was getting good results, especially with working out how to pour - how fast, and where etc. Now, I love it lots!
                I also ordered one of these to help with the pouring : Nearly time to a third shelf when this lot arrives

Comment

Originally posted by 0106020D050F1A0A0D04630 link=1242206574/7#7 date=1242210292
                  Originally posted by 3C26302525510 link=1242206574/5#5 date=1242210041
                  I also ordered one of these to help with the pouring  : Nearly time to a third shelf when this lot arrives  

Yeah, thatll do it. I need one of them so bad. Im using an olive oil jug.

Comment

yeah it definitely helps. I love mine

Comment

Dan, is the Hario bleached paper any good?

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

FWIW Luca, I cant taste them.

Comment

Originally posted by 465F494B2A0 link=1242206574/10#10 date=1242219561
                          Dan, is the Hario bleached paper any good?
                          I cant taste anything nasty coming from the paper. Ive gone through the Hario ones I had and Im onto some KONO ones, and I cant tell any difference (using the same bean). Hoping to pick up a new batch when my dad heads over to Japan later this year.

Comment

Nice pics and info guys, and like BF I am waiting on one of those kettle thingys, I have blown 2 filters with too much water poured from a preheated pyrex measuring jug :-[ You live and learn ;D

Chris

Comment

Hey Chris going manual drip?

if you no longer love your Techivorm I offer $1 ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X