EVA SOLO CafeSolo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVA SOLO CafeSolo

My Spaz MiniVII have a new partner. I just buy an Eva Solo CafeSolo. Its totally the antithesis of an Espresso Machine: big, complex, difficult, high-tech... vs. small, simple, easy, natural... I love it. I love the 2 sides.

And what a sssmoooooothhh coffee it makes.  

Re: EVA SOLO CafeSolo

I assume its a drip filter coffee maker?

Comment

Its like french press but without pressure. Exactly like brewing tea. Just add ground coffee into the carafe, add hot water, stir with a spoon for 10 seconds, add the metal filter funnel and wait 4 minutes. The neoprene jacket keeps the coffee at optimal temperature for extraction. Thats all.  

Comment

Buenos dias Otton;

Interesting brew, enclose more information.

http://www.evasolo.com/products-cafesolo.html

regards

Renzo
        Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

There is an Australian importer for these but I havent ever seen them retailed. Looks nice against the La Spaz

Comment

Ive seen them around but theyre not cheap here. Theyre pretty cool but can easily be replicated using cheaper methods. The same result can be achieved using a plunger or just a carafe and water. Basic, I love it.

V.Cool Oton.

Comment

Hi Dan;

can you pass the information on who is the supplier we to get this for the shop

regards

renzo

Comment

I have one of these. Surprising just how good they work. Simple but very effective.

They are great for serving coffee to guests as there is no mess at all when serving.

The only drawback is the coffee stays in contact the entire time. If you do not pour all the coffee out it will just sit there and continue brewing. I found you just need to pour it all out once it has reached the brew time you like.

Serve it all or pour it into a different carafe.

Oh, these are dishwasher safe! ;D Just a great piece of industrial design.

Comment

its a plunger with a vacuum flask ??

kinda reminds me of tea/coffeebags that u can buy

(:

Comment

Originally posted by 4B0F594A3F0 link=1244245836/8#8 date=1244360101
                    its a plunger with a vacuum flask ??
                    Oton and Billy are on the money:

"Its like french press but without pressure. Exactly like brewing tea. Just add ground coffee into the carafe, add hot water, stir with a spoon for 10 seconds, add the metal filter funnel and wait 4 minutes. The neoprene jacket keeps the coffee at optimal temperature for extraction. Thats all."

I used to use mine travelling. Due to weight/fragility and ease of cleaning, I changed to an Aeropress but still love the Eva. On the topic of fragility, despite not wanting it to break whilst being bashed around in luggage, its performed flawlessly so far. A beautiful product, both in its design and its simplicity.

Comment

Originally posted by 7A57617C5F4C4A5152573E0 link=1244245836/6#6 date=1244257890
                      can you pass the information on who is the supplier we to get this for the shop

regards

renzo

AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND

Jarass Pty Ltd
                      Unit 13 12-18 Clarendon St.
                      Artamon NSW 2064
                      info@jarass.com.au

Phone (02) 9436 2929
                      Fax (02) 9436 2848

And the range can be viewed at www.evasolo.dk

Comment

Working...