Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presso Problems

Hi

I was hoping someone could diagnose my presso problem.

My presso is losing alot of pressure out the top of the valve when squeezing shots.

My presso has one screw on the arms that doesnt thread properly. I first noticed this when I unscrewed the arms to clean for the first time. I dont think this is the problem though because the screw has never threaded yet the leaking of air from the top of the valve is a new problem. I only mention it in case Im wrong.

I have checked to see if the plunger was cracked or damaged and it doesnt appear to be. The O-ring appears to be in good condition too.

This presso was given to me as a gift in Feburary and has pulled roughly two shots a day.

Thanks

Deano

ps. Can anyone advise me on how to repair the thread on the presso? Ive tried adding some thread tape but it doesnt help.

Re: Presso Problems

the O-ring may look fine but have a small imperfection you cannot see. I would say that is the most likely problem. I have never changed mine- not sure how one goes about it?

I just changed the seals in my Sama lever machine- the old seals looked fine but were leaking a tiny amount. They seem to have shrunk a tiny amount- and with new seals in - the entire action is much smoother and the first pull was immediately better.

Comment

I have expored the machine further and I think its related to the bolts in the arms. The holes for the bolts in the arm on one side have completely lost their thread and the other side is not far off of having lost its thread too (it takes about 3 threads for ithe screw to bite) So the arms are kinda balancing in their place.

It seems strange to me for a product purchased about 5 months ago to be having wear issues like this. I suspect that my presso was put together loose in the first place and the slight movement has worn the thread prematurely.

Does the Presso come with a warantee of any kind?

Does anyone know how I can rethread the holes?

Comment

Deano--

Since Presso is a site sponsor (over there <----), I reckon your best bet is to check directly with them about your issues.

Greg

Comment

I took your advice Greg, thanks.

New Presso is in the mail. Fantastic company to deal with - excellent follow up service!

Comment

Originally posted by 6A656C7A000 link=1245734047/4#4 date=1247039736
            New Presso is in the mail. Fantastic company to deal with - excellent follow up service!
            Im glad to hear it.

From what I understand, becoming a sponsor is about lots more than just the monetary contribution to the expenses.

Greg

Comment

Just had one problem with Presso ...

http://pleasegivemeajobasihavenothingusefultodo.com

Enough.

Comment

Originally posted by 434C465047220 link=1245734047/6#6 date=1284432997

http://ImawhiningPOM.blogspot.com

Enough.  
                Welcome but 4 postings on just Presso posting after joining today slamming your usage of this is a waste of space!!! Get a life  >

Comment

Basically all the site says is... my presso broke... the replacement parts were of better quality than the original... then i gave up on it?

Also, at $180 its hardly a "High End" machine, you hardly get out of entry level under $500??

In everything in life its possible to get a lemon. This applies especially with kitchen appliances!!

Youd have more to complain about if the replacement parts were also faulty in my opinion :-/

Comment

Originally posted by 0D2424212D2A2D2D480 link=1245734047/8#8 date=1284436299
                    Basically all the site says is... my presso broke... the replacement parts were of better quality than the original... then i gave up on it?

Also, at $180 its hardly a "High End" machine, you hardly get out of entry level under $500??

In everything in life its possible to get a lemon. This applies especially with kitchen appliances!!

Youd have more to complain about if the replacement parts were also faulty in my opinion  :-/

Thanks for reading the blog Elliebee... well further than I did.  Im sure its a good story and I may get to it some day, but when I saw four posts from a new member with a link to a blog all I could think was, I wish I had a blog... My wife has one, most of my friends have one... a guy with a Presso has one... why not me... its not like I dont have anything intersting to um... ... .

Oh, back OT: glad DeanoT got his presso replaced. Always nice to hear of a site sponsor providing great service!

Comment

Originally posted by 40504756561011121A1511220 link=1245734047/9#9 date=1284436756
                      Im sure its a good story and I may get to it some day
                      It isnt.

His presso broke, he had pretty good after sales service, and now he is trying to land the manufacturer in hot water because he feels they should have weighed all the components to prevent failure.

Also, it sounds like he ground for turkish, and pressed the hell out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 41514657571110131B1410230 link=1245734047/9#9 date=1284436756
                        then i gave up on it?
                        that was very unclear of me... i meant the dude who wrote the blog got frustrated (from my interpretation) with the product and gave up...

Comment

Originally posted by 696E6468070 link=1245734047/10#10 date=1284440621
                          Originally posted by 40504756561011121A1511220 link=1245734047/9#9 date=1284436756
                          Im sure its a good story and I may get to it some day
                          It isnt.

His presso broke, he had pretty good after sales service, and now he is trying to land the manufacturer in hot water because he feels they should have weighed all the components to prevent failure.

So true... Not to say that some QA check could not be implemented... But lets go and do ultra sonic scan and look for any bubbles in the moldings - just for good measure  

Things happen...

I just like the way his e-mails to the supplier start off with the bait and a barb...  But he hides the reason for his call / contact.

Does your product comply with safety regs... Lots of other awards ?  What about safety ?

Then a few days later after a few more baiting e-mails...

You product broke and here are the pictures etc ..

AND I am posting all over the WEB......

Man.. ya would think it cost 10K and his eye was taken out... AND the supplier had filed to act or even replace said parts etc...

Sour grapes if ya ask me...  Been the odd issue here in Australia and the supplier has always responded in a prompt manner.  

From what I could read... The supplier has taken note and doing what most would do...  But maybe, they forgot to pay  "Andre" a suitable compensation to his liking, for his near miss: off their own back. So lets spam the Product / Supplier with whine session or two...

Comment

Yaay Coffeesnobs! [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

Good on you all for defending the Presso. Like you, I was a little startled when four posts appear within minutes of each other linking to a blog that basically shows the good efforts Presso went to when a customer encountered a problem.

My dealings with the Presso folk here in Oz have all been great.

It makes a cracking cup of coffee.

Sniff

Comment

Originally posted by 6A656F796E0B0 link=1245734047/6#6 date=1284432997

http://mybrokenpresso.blogspot.com

Enough.
                              My impressions from the blog
                              The way I see it

If the product does not perform to specification then its a manufacture failure

If the product is not used the way it is meant to be used then its user error

The unit was working fine until you used a method you read on the net

By chocking the system with finer grounds and applying pressure over and above the tensile strength of the handles I can see that it was user error

I am an engineer and thats the way I view it

Every product has a tensile strength and unless you can prove that you were within the product tolerance then

You probably exceeded the handles (? 9 bar) or its rated relief pressure
                              Its not hard to do

KK

Comment

Working...
                              X