Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss Gold single cup ???

Hi CS

Can anyone give me a run down on how they use their Swiss Gold single cup brewer?
    I have given it a go and followed the picture diagram on box (no english instructions) but it actually doesnt flow until the outer case is lifted slightly?

Cheers

Chris

Re: Swiss Gold single cup ???

Are you grinding your own coffee? Could be slightly to fine. I try to just damp the grinds when i brew with mine, sort of like a pre infusion, although I dont know if that makes a difference. It just makes for interesting conversation.

Comment

I am grinding quite course actually but Ill keep experimenting, cheers.

Comment

Hi rz, looking at your pic made me go and look in the kitchen, my wife has been using one of these for decades, we got it with some Harris coffee as a package and she has used it ever since, but now she uses my freshly roasted beans!
        I grind at about the same level as for plunger and it flows ok, it is fairly slow but steady. Any finer and it clogs up the screen.

Comment

Funny this thread came up, i just ground some beans for a mate who had one of these, well simular, its a Tupperware one, i found it worked best a few clicks up on the rocky, it had two filters on it, really course one and the super fine underneath, dripped away, pretty good though!

Comment

Thanks, I emailed a roaster friend who uses one and he said its not unusual to need to lift outer casing slightly to get the flow to kick in again. I dont want to grind any courser than i already am.

Chris

Comment

Got one of these I havnt used yet http://www.abid.com.tw/C-50458SG.htm actually has a valve in the bottom if you lift it the valve closes so you can change cups. Also you can steep until you are ready to pour so the grind is a little less important.

Another Toy to try on my upcoming Holidays

Comment

Hi Redzone I have one of these. Like Greenman I got it with some Harris coffee. If you dose to much or grind to fine it will clog, I generally dont use anymore than 16gms and grind quite course, but personally the cone drippers with paper are better and the syphons better again.

Comment

Yeah right MB Im with you. Its been 3 days of solid experimenting and I am not a convert. I add 11-16gms and many grind settings and not happy with the fact that it still needs adjusting to get flow right.
                  Ah the joys of toys etc.
                  Cheers Guys

Redzone

Comment

Have fun trying to get a good flow of dripping.It does work well with stale harris coffee from memory.

Comment

Originally posted by 232F3C3A372C2B2F204E0 link=1249458458/9#9 date=1249890558
                      It does work well with stale harris coffee from memory
                      Tell you what Id give it a try if I had some ;D

Comment

try 10gm and go coarser than you expect.

J

Comment

Originally posted by 405756485D5C57030003320 link=1249458458/10#10 date=1249968269
                          Tell you what Id give it a try if I had some
                          Do a roast and wait about a year, then you will have some. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 624F4E455F425F522B0 link=1249458458/11#11 date=1250015288
                            try 10gm and go coarser than you expect.

J
                            Eureka we have lift off
                            11gms courser and flowed through nicely, great cup (Yemen/Blue Lintong)

Cheers all especially Coffeehorse

ps: no fines in cup will experiment with grams now I have grind locked in to Mr Zassenhaus

Comment

Working...
                            X