Bacchi Espresso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacchi Espresso

Hi, these are my results with this simply stovetop machine. 8-)

regards,
    Lucio

Re: Bacchi Espresso

Very impressive, what brand stove top is it?

Comment

Nice. I might have to get one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by 6D51584055340 link=1260927629/1#1 date=1260942684
        Very impressive, what brand stove top is it?
        This is the Bacchi Espresso, sold in Italy by Caffemotive.
        Take a look at my blog or http://www.home-barista.com/knockbox...so-t12138.html 8-)
        Not exactly "friendly user", not for everyone, but a good challenge to coffee lovers.

Comment

Bacchi Espresso

Hi all, ive noticed that after apparently being unavailable outside Europe the Bacchi espresso by caffemotive is now listed by orphan espresso

they sure look interesting, and there is a good overview of the mechanism on the orphan site as well. intriguing design, controlling pressure and temp variables unlike any other stovetop i know of.

appears to deliver powerless espresso (as opposed to strong coffee, ala trad. stovetop), great for traveling camping. anyone tried it?
          some of the images/promo vids around show shockingly decent looking crema

any site sponsors or others looking to stock them locally?

been waiting to find them for sale but alas at present cannot justify the $$...

with the popularity of designs like the atomic, im surprised there arent more people scrabbling to get their hands on one!

Comment

Had a bit of a read of the OE site looks the goods for espresso but a bit on the $$$ side. Even if they made it into Oz from the US imported by individuals or direct by an importer then Circa $5-550 AUD with GST is likely.

The technical stuff is a cool use of a basic industrial process. We used to sell a fluid over fluid pump called a maximiser that had been around for years using the same system. Still used on Water Jet cutting at pressures of 15-20,000 PSI

Question is that given the pricing is there a market? The MyPressi at $300-350ish or even the New Otto (I know it is only 6 bar) and it steams too are some of the competition I guess.

Still a cool toy

Comment

i know this has been discussed and taken with a grain of salt on another thread, but a "new atomic from bon trading" is up around that ballpark, (they had just gotten them in stock last time i went by, seen with own eyes, bling!), and the coffee while it can be rock solid has that pushed stovetop-y taste without syrupy espresso body, also its coffee contact parts are aluminium, while that doesnt worry me too much (except when i can can taste it) i know others dont like the fact.
              (sorry sorrentina)

the otto may compare drink wise (and steam milk too)... its certainly a few dollar
              but the bachi just seems really um, industrial solid? less shiny?
              having said that the otto is one cool thing, nice one Craig

the mypressi seems a bit fiddly and while im sure the espresso is great, it also requires disposable bulbs, a heat source, a separate vessel to heat the water in, temp surfing...

the presso can produce (not bad) espresso but seen a couple of busted units, one with cracked water fill housing, the other a broken arm. its a modern version of an old idea but not done perhaps quite as well? maybe the people i know are just clumsy, but if they can bust em im sure too... :-/

true what you say re. competition and pricing.
              i just think it looks like a cool and interesting, fairly robust and reliable as stovetops seem to be; maybe for when the electric espresso machine is down, being descaled, up for repair , blackouts or camping, the coffee produced by the Bacchi sure looks alright... they say you get what you pay for and the build does look up to it.
              over years of use and for a decent espresso style drink it might even be one of the cheaper options, no pumps, pressurestats, needle valves, G/H seals, showerscreens... simple reliability

i had just hoped others had tried it, maybe even that sorrentina or some like sponsor would check them out.

Comment

here is a thread on the Bacchi Espresso from Dec last year

Comment

thanks Wsully, thought there had been a thread, i did search but um... ?

i bought up the BE because AFAIK it has not previously been available outside of Europe, (which i got from LVX), maybe on that very thread.

, so was interested to see them on the OE site

i did even try to order from caffe motive, but it clearly stated at the time (a couple of months ago) not available...

so now it is, my interest has been re-piqued

Comment

And the other question now 2mcm has moved this here is it a "Stovetop" or an Espresso "machine" due to the pump element  :-/

Cafe Motive is showing out of stock now too.

Comment

Originally posted by 3631353A32382D3D3A33540 link=1260927630/9#9 date=1269169333
                      And the other question now 2mcm has moved this here is it a "Stovetop" or an Espresso "machine" due to the pump element  :-/

Cafe Motive is showing out of stock now too.
                      Hi bf

I needed to move it to the <$500 forum to splice and then order things correctly. I think its where it should be now

2mcm

Comment

Mmm Steam Powered Pump still not sure : Maybe move it back

Comment

Originally posted by 696E6A656D677262656C0B0 link=1260927630/11#11 date=1269170626
                          Mmm Steam Powered Pump still not sure  : Maybe move it back  
                          Nar- dont think so....My thoughts are if you dont plug it in, it belongs here :-/

Comment

http://www.gigante.com.au/shopping-cart/equipment/bacchi/

found this on one of the sponsor sites! 8-)

Comment

I have a Baachi and I can say Lucios shot at the start of the thread is typical: this design rocks! Crema in mountains- and very true crema it is. The unit is very solidly made and quite easy to use. Making a single shot produces a large serve (40ml?) with a goodly inch of rich crema.

When you get everything right I would say the espresso is the best there is on a stovetop today...

if you like frothed milk though you will need to grab one of my CX-25s stovetop milk steamers... Or a La Sorrentina ;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X