Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever Coffee Dripper

Hey CSers
    I have just noticed the Clever Coffee Dripper, greenman just got one for Christmas and have googled it and a few vids state they are good. Just checking to see if anyone else has one. I am thinking of getting one. looks simple and apparently is much better and cleaner cup than plunger coffee in which I am doing at work but if this is better then I will buy this and go with this type of brewer.

Re: Clever Coffee Dripper

I might be wrong but the one at Sweet Marias took a #4 filter?
    Maybe not quite whats needed for 1-2 cups?
    Keen to hear also as the concept sounds good.

Chris

Comment

I have one of them from Sweet Maria (they are all the same, just branded).

They do take a no.4 filter. They are really pretty easy to use and very clean. Would be great for work, but would only make 2 small cups rather than one big mug.

I got average results, but was not particularly scientific. If you can source cheaply, they are pretty good.

B

Comment

I recently went to a brewing jam run by a prominent Perth roaster, we sampled brews from a syphon and  the Clever Coffee Dripper, both methods produced an amazing cup using Ethiopian Beloya.
        Jen Murray had a meter to measure the amount of soluble solids in the brew and the dripper produced a cleaner cup than the syphon.
        They did blind tests and found that the Melita white filters produced the cleanest cup followed by the unbleached paper  and a Swiss Gold filter.
        Formula for good brew=35g coarse grind, 320ml 30sec off the boil  water and steeped for 3.5 minutes, the beauty of this brewer is the fact it has a valve that lets you steep the grinds and then sit it on your cup and release the brew thus allowing all of the grinds to brew for the 3.5minutes.
        Ive only had a few brews since Xmas but have enjoyed them immensely, just roasted some Ethiopian wild picked Djima light roast and the blueberry bombshell  tastes amazing

http://theotherblackstuff.ie/machines/abid-clever-coffee-dripper/

Comment

Yeah, they are fantastic.

Ive had a couple for quite a while now. Like anything you need to perfect the skills to get the best out of it. Definitely adds something to regular pourover techniques.

I have found some beans respond really well to a coarse grind, the Clever dripper allows me to have the dose and coarseness I want whilst maintaining the longer brew time. Very cool.

Given how cheap they are, everyone should have one. I gave a bunch away as Christmas gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by 21342323282B2728460 link=1262394542/4#4 date=1262431333
            They did blind tests and found that the Melita white filters produced the cleanest cup followed by the unbleached paperand a Swiss Gold filter.
            Mate happy to hear as I scored about 20 odd boxes of these, but in terms of taste they need the most flushing to get the taint out (well mine do anyway.

Anyone keen to score me one and send it over and I can paypal you the costs?

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 5542435D484942161516270 link=1262394542/6#6 date=1262512443
              Anyone keen to score me one and send it over and I can paypal you the costs?

Done 2 on the way cheers Greenman

Comment

i saw one for sale somewhere in Melbourne CBD today, not sure how much as the place was closed. If anyone is interested PM me

Comment

I bought the miraculous coffee maker version back from Bangkok with me. Made by the same company as the clever coffee dripper. It is the French Press version and I really like it. It uses no filter papers, but otherwise works the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 7870727C7B7A6F24150 link=1262394542/9#9 date=1262604183
                    I bought the miraculous coffee maker version back from Bangkok with me.  Made by the same company as the clever coffee dripper.  It is the French Press version and I really like it.  It uses no filter papers, but otherwise works the same.
                    I am waiting for somebody to release the stupendous totally amazing I cant believe its a coffeemaker coffee dripper....Thats the one for me  8-) ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 68372F393239353C3C3F3F373B345A0 link=1262394542/10#10 date=1262604405
                      Originally posted by 7870727C7B7A6F24150 link=1262394542/9#9 date=1262604183
                      I bought the miraculous coffee maker version back from Bangkok with me.  Made by the same company as the clever coffee dripper.  It is the French Press version and I really like it.  It uses no filter papers, but otherwise works the same.
                      I am waiting for somebody to release the stupendous totally amazing I cant believe its a coffeemaker coffee dripper....Thats the one for me  8-) ;D
                      Im just hanging out for their "Bulls$@t Coffee Roaster" ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 712E36202B202C252526262E222D430 link=1262394542/10#10 date=1262604405
                        I am waiting for somebody to release the stupendous totally amazing I cant believe its a coffeemaker coffee dripper....Thats the one for me

;D ;D ;D

Bit boring with only one thing on the shelves of your outlets Chris

Comment

Just had a play and I sure need to keep playing. The grind setting for manual paper pour over obviously dont match up. I let steep for 2mins 30sec then placed on mug and 2 minutes later still waiting ha ha, but thats an easy fix. Not a big fan of long steep times for coffee so Ill sure be grinding some rocks ! ;D

Chris

Comment

I just ordered myself one and will let you all know the outcome. looking forward to it.

Comment

Funny thing was (I thought) the first 1/3 of the cup wasnt that great,
                              but it got better as I went. Taste buds must have been asleep till the caffeine kicked in ;D

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X