Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get a stainless percolator - suitable for camping in Aus

Hey guys,

I am looking for a stainless steel percolator suitable for camping - something like this. Id buy this except for the extortionate postage, so a local supplier would be great (but I havent been able to find something similar yet).

I want to be able to use it over a fire, my whisperlite stove or on a gas burner. The beauty of this is its dual functionality,- I can boil water with the basket/funnel removed or I can brew coffee, its easy to clean, and its robust

I have an original pyrex job and its great when theres a few over and I dont feel like being tied up behind the 6190 all afternoon (But its not suitable for kayak camping, etc)

Any assistance appreciated  

thanks, Shawn

Re: Where can I get a stainless percolator - suitable for camping in Aus

Sound like spam... for a 1st post..

Many other system more than suitable from any number of the sponsors.. See over there to teh left <<<<

Comment

Dude,

Its not spam, I  just want to have something I can use over a fire, etc.

Removed the link, added a pic.

A casual lurker just wants some help

Shawn

Comment

No worries Shawn and welcome....

You must have tripped over the site sales and posting policy as you entered. Appreciate if you can go back and read over it and keep in mind that were a commercial link free zone here- except for site sponsors

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?virboard=BrewManual;num=1115338530

Comment

Is the pic ok - I see the reference to links, but not pics (but I guess the pic is commercial?)

I signed up a while ago, and just lurked looking for info. I am working my way through the links on the left, but if someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by 7D5A5B405A434F402E0 link=1266837347/4#4 date=1266838885
            Is the pic ok - I see the reference to links, but not pics (but I guess the pic is commercial?)

I signed up a while ago, and just lurked looking for info. I am working my way through the links on the left, but if someone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
            http://www.dibartoli.com.au/products.asp?cid=81

Many of teh sponsors have stove tops of one sort or another..

It also depends on just what ya want from ya stove top..

Comment

Looks expensive.
              What about a good old fashioned billy and an Aeropress?

Comment

Would a Bellman stove top be suitable from Sorrentina
                http://sorrentinacoffee.myshopify.com/collections/coffee-makers-everything?page=2

KK

Comment

Yeah a billy and aeropress are ok. But a perc is nice for brewing for a few people, plus the  added benefit of the  sitting around the fire soaking in the aroma whilst your planning your day, etc

I dunno I just have this strange desire for a perc I can use when camping (and that it can be used for other jobs is a plus).

Comment

The "mission" statement is something like this

* Simple,
                    * easy to clean,
                    * unlikely to break
                    * Has a handle that wont catch fire or melt
                    * Can make a brew for 3 to 4
                    * Can be used for more than just making coffee

Comment

Only problem with Peculators will be the over temp and burnt coffee flavour thing due to the process.

My old camp kit was a Stainless Steel Avanti Plunger and hand grinder. Or even resorting to preground depending on where I have been in the bush.

Current choice is an 8 cup Aluminium Syphon which is hard to beat as a talking point to the uninitiated and it makes a darn fine brew 8-) Stainless ones available as well second hand from the Bay of Evil  :

Another option would also be a flip pot in Stainless Steel

Comment

Bialetti Musa - Stainless Steel Caffetteira

This is another great product from the "Little man with a mustache". Simple Elegance made in stainless steel. The new fashion-forward brushed stainless steel Musa design focuses on stylish elegance.

The Musa is available in 2, 4, 6 & 10 cup models and can be used on gas & electric stoves.

http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product_details.asp?pid=235

KK

Comment

The flip pot looks interesting. I havent seen one of these in my travels. Where from? (googling it now)

The bellman units look interesting for using on a whisperlite or similar, but not suited for chucking on the coals

For us, we grind and vac pack the day the before whenever possible. Typically we are aware for a day or two at the most.

Comment

Working...
                          X