Brewing Aeropress with added espresso shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewing Aeropress with added espresso shots

I was wondering if anyone has tried this "new technique"? essentially you add a double shot into your dosed aeropress, fill the rest with water and plunge. Seems very interesting, Ive been wanting an aeropress for quite a while, now i think i have to get one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VffDUz577tQ&feature=feedu

Anyone with an aeropress want to test it out and let us know how it is? id imagine itd taste somewhat like a stronger long black with more volume?

Re: Brewing Aeropress with added espresso shots

All the videos Ive seen with Gail in them annoy me.
    I thinks its all the inane chatter and giggling that adds nothing to the subject matter that bothers me.

She starts with pre-ground (shudder).

Any idea what the point is of adding espresso shots to the Aeropress?

(Did she use pre-ground in the GS3?)

Comment

Have to admit my first thought was "whats the point?" besides getting a really really strong cup of coffee.

TG I actually think that it makes the videos a little more approachable for people not in the know. It shows that you can have fun with your coffee and learn at the same time

Comment

They use a "dialed in" mazzer mini (i think) for the GS/3. The point is more of a mix of flavours. I dont have an aeropress, but i imagine it has a different flavour to espresso, the mix would be interesting.

Comment

I have a presso and I find that the flavour is cleaner than what comes out of the old Breville we have here, I prefer the Presso over the Breville, takes a lot longer to make a coffee if I want a cappuccino but its worth it

Anyway point was that yes I would think it is a different flavour, plus in that particular one you would have a paper flavour too :P

Comment

My wife prefers her long blacks made with the Aeropress rather than the espresso machine.

They taste different. She says "cleaner".

Originally posted by 2B3039283D2B30313E2C3D2A580 link=1302158615/2#2 date=1302180649
            TG I actually think that it makes the videos a little more approachable for people not in the know.  It shows that you can have fun with your coffee and learn at the same tim
            I know what youre saying but they have gone overboard.  :

Comment

Working...
            X