Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual coffee machine recommendations

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a manual style coffee machine to the value of between $300 - $400.

The machine I had (DeLonghi EC750i) is playing up and Ive been quoted $150 to have it repaired, so I thought I would start looking at a replacement as weve had the DeLonghi for a number of years.

I dont use the milk function at all, so if anyone knows of a decent manual machine to around $400, I would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Ross

Re: Manual coffee machine recommendations

Hi Ross

If youre just making espresso, without milk, then you could consider:

1. A Presso (see link on left, and make sure you get the coffeesnobs discount)
    2. A Bacchi (more than your budget but makes a nice stovetop espresso)
    3. A La Sorrentina Atomic replica (has the steam function which you wouldnt need, and over your budget again).

Do you grind your beans fresh? A Presso plus a Breville Smart grinder might be your introduction to coffee nirvana.

Ive owned a Presso - and I think it produces a very nice coffee, own an OTTO and I have a Bacchi - all three produce slightly different coffee, but all enjoyable.

But the freshly ground beans are the key!

Sniff

Comment

Hi Ross,

In addition to Sniffs comments above,

and depending on if you have a grinder already,
      a Belman stove top and new grinder would also make a nice coffee with fresh beans and some practice, and they could fit in your budget.

Comment

Thank you both for the tips, but I would like to see if getting a machine similar to what I have now is possible for this price range.

Im not too keen on the stove top, basically if I could get something thats pretty much the same as my old DeLonghi EC750i then that would be perfect.

Sorry for being so vague but Im clueless as to what to look for and what brand is in the market place these days. I do have a grinder as well.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Hi Ross

Looking at the Delonghi, it seems to use pressurised (double walled) baskets. Snobs around here will say pah! and suggest you use single walled baskets, but its entirely up to you.

If youre using the Delonghi as it came out of the box, then you should wander into your local department store and see whats on offer.

Sunbeam & Breville would be probably your best bets.

Grab one with an extended warranty and youll comfortably be within your budget.

Spending extra probably wont do much to improve the coffee, particularly as you wont be using the steam side of things.

If youre happy with the coffee youre getting with the pressurised basket, then save your money.

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

[split] [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1338959212/0#0][splithere][/link][splithere_end]
              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Lever machine like a used La Pavoni perhaps?

Jus' sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                X