Electric Moka Pot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Moka Pot

Today is a sad day. After 18 months of use my Gusto electric moka pots handle broke off during cleaning leading to the pot going flying out of my hands to a grim landing on the floor. Needless to say its function is now less than optimal...

I have been quite happy with the Gusto but thought I would do some due diligence before making my next replacement purchase. I have been trying to find some Aussie stores through Google that stock electric moka pots but havent found any, and the ones I do find appear to ship from overseas. Can anyone help to recommend a replacement for my Gusto... As it is my workplace desktop coffee maker it does need to be electric and compact. 6 Cup capacity needed.

Thanks in advance.
    Tex

Re: Electric Moka Pot

you could always try here for your coffee needs
    http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product/Gusto_Electric_Espresso_Maker

Comment

That was where we purchased the first Gusto machine from that we were quite happy with. I was more checking to see if there were alternates out there worthy of a look at.

Although we were happy with our machine there are others I know of that were sent back or replaced.

Comment

I thought I could have seen a Sunbeam or Breville electric stovetop unit in a department store many years ago. Definitely was a stainless machine whatever it was.

Have you had any luck finding anything? Is something I might be interested in for the office also.

Comment

The Gusto Electric is a good unit. Many people at my work have them. Had a good 18 months of use before I dropped it. I would recommend it.

I ended up repairing the model I broke with some 2 part epoxy adhesive for the handle. The base now doesnt auto off when finished boiling but as long as it is watched it is ok.

Comment

I decided to buy a small electrical moka pot for my office as I got tired of the French press coffee. I did an Internet search, and found this page. I liked the mentioned Gusto Electric Espresso Maker. The most expensive one was at our Central Market ($155), and the cheapest one was at the Peters of Kensington ($99 + $13 postage). I got the latter. It was delivered quickly.

Mmm... it is much harder to clean than the stovetop moka pot. And I think the coffee is not as good. Well, at least it is electric, and it is a moka pot. I am yet to see how it works out in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by 60574E4E4B5656220 link=1310598515/3#3 date=1311567538
              I thought I could have seen a Sunbeam or Breville electric stovetop unit in a department store many years ago. Definitely was a stainless machine whatever it was.

Have you had any luck finding anything? Is something I might be interested in for the office also.

Hi!

There definitely has been a sunbeam model available, I just finished making a home-blended halfcaf in one before beddybyes. But, I got mine second hand from a kind and generous friend and I dont think theyre available for sale anymore. I was just in the middle of googling them when I thought I would have a gander in here...

Its a pity if you cant get em anymore though, as it makes a cracking coffee

Comment

So, I am using the Gusto electrical moka pot for a month already (at the office). I would like to share my impressions.

Firstly, I continued to perfect my technique with the stovetop moka pot. I came to using the slowest possible fire, and take the pot off the flame when about 80% of the water penetrated through the coffee and collected in the top container. The coffee is delicious.

With this coffee in the background, I am now disappointed with the coffee from the electrical pot. It does not allow to adjust the power. So that the water is pressed through coffee is too quick. I compensate for it by grinding the finer coffee.

Well, I guess my taste is not the usual one. I got used in my hiome country to the percolated coffee, that is the coffee is more boiled than espresso. It gives this particular "boiled" taste.

So, my question is, how can I use the Gusto electrical moka pot for brewing better coffee ?

Comment

Working...
                X