Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee in the office

Hi All

What would be the best setup for a good cup of coffee in the office? I am thinking Aeropress or is there any better options?

Plan is to grind fresh at home every morning and make my coffe at work.

Any ideas would help as the local cafe is a long way short of a decent cup.

Re: Coffee in the office

thats how im doing
    bodum french press plunger of 1l and hario skerton manual grinder.
    rich your office 15 earlier prepare water for brew, grind your coffee and enjoy. supernice results.
    if you have a secretary, prepare her a delicious cup of coffee and she will be happy and more motivated to do the right thing for you.

Comment

i think aeropress is the way to go, but there is no secretary so i guess more for me

Comment

An Aeropress will make a coffee, a Presso will make an almost espresso.
        For both all you need are fresh grounds and hot water.

There is also the Rossa(?)--but I have no experience of that one.

Greg

Comment

Thanks greg

I am a little confused as i am a latte drinker. Would a press be my best bet? That way i can have short black and make mike based coffee?

Little confused!!

Comment

I have an Aeropress in my locker. Its great. I also have an old Breville Bar Italia tucked away in the work kitchen just for texturing the milk. I drink better coffee than most of the people going out to the cafes for $4 takeaways!

If you buy an Aeropress, Decor make these little airtight snack sized tubs which are a perfect fit for the Aeropress tube and 2 shots of coffee (14g). So I grind into these and take them to work, so I always have some emergency grinds on hand.

Obviously not everyone can keep a steam based machine at work, there are those whizzer things but they really dont do that great a job in my opinion (sure the milk looks foamy, but the mouthfeel is not right at all).

Comment

I have a presso in my office and manual grinder.
              But when I process the coffee, I still feel its pretty noisy.
              I end up move my desk to other office where my supervisor said he will get a Netspresso.
              Then I brought my EM6910 + EM480 to the lab since we will have a machine (noise) anyway.

(Dont know why the image is flipped when I took it by my macbook).

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by 2C20232621382A214F0 link=1317701143/6#6 date=1318160117
                (Dont know why the image is flipped when I took it by my macbook).
                The pic is a broken link for me.

Java "All broken up" phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hey guys do you use the paper filter disks or the stainless steel .8mm one?

Is there a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by 252F202A2F797F7C4E0 link=1317701143/8#8 date=1318244345
                    Hey guys do you use the paper filter disks or the stainless steel .8mm one?

Is there a difference?
                    No contest in muy opinion. The Coava Disk is the reason that my Aeropress no longer gathers dust.

Comment

I use the Presso at work, not the Aeropress. Others prefer coffee to espresso and use the Aeropress.

The best milk is heated in the microwave and frothed with one of the little battery powered whizzers. I cant be bothered keeping it in batteries and I use the frother (syringe-like) that, IIRC, came with the Presso.

Neither of these milks matches my home steamed, but I cant relax with the coffee at work like I can at home either! I have to work at work. :P

Greg

Comment

Yes Kanda, to my mind nothing is better than Aeropress. Just go for it.

Comment

My vote would be for the Aeropress with Coava disk, but, I have never tried the Presso . I think you should get both and report back with your findings :

Comment

Muscles, maybe I should take all three in with me and see what everyone likes best :-D

Comment

Re milk,

I experienced one of those $30 Aldi milk frothers the other day. I was impressed. Its not the same as steam frothing, but its not bad. The thing heats the milk and froths it at the same time. Its really easy to clean (you just have to make sure you dont lose the little frothing agitator down the sink. For one its great. For 2 OK, but its too slow for any more, because you have to do them one at a time.

Would be great for the office

Gonzo, all frothed up

Comment

Working...
                              X