Breville YouBrew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville YouBrew

I know that drip filter coffee isnt as popular here as is in the USA, but I wonder if we will be getting the Breville you brew here?
    Looks a pretty impressive machine.

Maybe Phill from Breville can answer this..

Re: Breville you brew

If the above link doesnt work for you try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3n8gLMrzPP8

Java "All linked up" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I just wish I drank filter coffee, so I could buy one

Comment

Id imagine not, there doesnt seem to be the market for Drip type Coffeemakers in Australia, especially one that is worth more then the sub-$50 market price that most drip coffeemakers seem to retail at.

Though, Id hazard a guess that the YouBrew is probably one of the better units for home use (despite the apparent excessive noise of the grinder)

Comment

I would buy a 220 volt YouBrew in a snap.
          8-)

...and at that $280rrp Im sure plenty of others would want the cryptic named BDC600XL too

Sadly no mention in the manual of a secret switch that makes this a 220/240v device...
          http://www.brevilleusa.com/media/mediaappearance/11935/BDC600XL_IB_B11_FA_HiRes.pdf

Sadly the specs do show:
          Voltage 110 - 120 Volts

There is some blurb on the Breville-USA site and a clip with the lovely ex-pat Australian, Adele Schober (I do wonder if those Stateside need subtitles for her but she has been their "demo gal" for a while now)
          http://www.brevilleusa.com/youbrew.html
          (also nice product placement of the Dual Boiler on the bench behind her)

The only thing I can see missing is a 1 bar pressure guage.
          ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 4669637E070 link=1318922532/4#4 date=1318947147
            I would buy a 220 volt YouBrew in a snap.
            Its got enough features and programability it might even get me to drink drip brew again. It would make a great new toy to add to the bench but Im afraid that at that price Ill have to pass.

Originally posted by 4669637E070 link=1318922532/4#4 date=1318947147
            I do wonder if those Stateside need subtitles for her but she has been their "demo gal" for a while now
            Funny, I have no problem understanding her. I guess Ive been hanging around yall for so long the accent has invaded my brain.
            ;D

Java "Accent? What accent?!?" phile
            Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

This is a vey slick product and Im sure theyll move plenty of units in the US, they are big drip brew drinkers over.

It could do for drip brew what the 6910 did for espresso and introduce life-long drinkers of crap coffee to something decent. Currently a lot of people put pre-ground coffee into their programmable drip brewer before going to bed at night then to have fresh coffee first thing in the morning.

Comment

Nice idea but I think it might be too noisy.

Comment

Originally posted by 0C2D2626213B480 link=1318922532/7#7 date=1318974323
                  Nice idea but I think it might be too noisy.
                  Just part of its multi-functional design, its also an alarm clock

Comment

Originally posted by 7F7E7467797C66150 link=1318922532/6#6 date=1318969221
                    It could do for drip brew what the 6910 did for espresso and introduce life-long drinkers of crap coffee to something decent.
                    Exactly. I can see instant coffee drinkers loving a machine like this where espresso is too expensive/messy/fiddly for those making the transition.

Comment

I like it 8-)

That could easily be my coffee on the way to work

Comment

Originally posted by 6D4248552C0 link=1318922532/9#9 date=1318992743
                        Originally posted by 7F7E7467797C66150 link=1318922532/6#6 date=1318969221
                        It could do for drip brew what the 6910 did for espresso and introduce life-long drinkers of crap coffee to something decent.
                        Exactly.  I can see instant coffee drinkers loving a machine like this where espresso is too expensive/messy/fiddly for
                        those making the transition.
                        Ditto that! I have a mate who only drinks Drip Filter through the week. He has a espresso machine but it spends more time in the cubord.

Comment

Wow - that looks awesome.

Been really impressed with Breville products of late, I recently bought a quiet boil kettle and its really well made and is actually quiet.

They must be going through some kind of design revolution!

Comment

Re: Breville YouBrew

I had a reply from Phill at Breville on the availability of the you brew. His reply was
                            "maybe in 2 years, but no immediate plans right now. Its a 120V unit so wed have to re-engineer it for 240V. A lot more work than it sounds."

Comment

Its on the Breville website now, model BDC600. RRP $399.95. It looks very interesting.

Catch of the day have it for half that with delivery stated as mid/late April. I realise they are not sponsors but don't believe this is available from any sponsors. Just sharing it with fellow CSers.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X