Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standalone Milk Steamers.

Hey Guys,
    Been looking at options to steam milk in my house, but cannot seem to find exactly the type of machine i am looking for, i use aeropress for my primary brewing at home and i work as a barista full type on high-end equipment. I do not want one of these automatic milk whipping things they use with nespresso.
    The stove-top steamers look to be a good option but i would much prefer electric, could someone please point me in the direction of one of the machines featured in the youtube video "Rosco Hand Grinder and Rossa Hand Espresso - Basic Operation" (wont let me post links as first post)

Thanks guys!

Re: Standalone Milk Steamers.

Mate I sometimes see these machines (mostly older/vintage) on evilbay. There was a boema one last week I think, big boiler, two wands, two water taps, or similar, for about $100. It would be perfect for what you are looking for! Keep looking

Comment

Exactly what im looking for, but under what key words am i searching for?

Comment

also if it becomes to difficult is it fairly easy to get a cheap espresso machine and ramp up boiler temperatures for decent steam if it is only being used as a steamer?

Comment

site sponsor di bartoli have them on their website
          http://www.dibartoli.com.au/product/Bellman_CX25S_Stainless_Steel_Milk_Steamer

I would be surprised if they were the only ones

edit: oops sorry missed the "wanted electric" part :-[

you could try that auction site for a Mr Cuppacino made by Black and Decker, might not have the oomph for microfoam though, should only cost you $20? to find out I would guess.

Comment

I think Aldi have something this week.

Comment

how do those vintage plug in italian espresso machines hold up as boilers? similar to the belmans but electric

Comment

If you mean the Calandra machines (basically an electric Bellman)- they steam very well. Largish boiler and high output element = loads of steam.

Comment

Working...
                X