Aeropress How-to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeropress How-to

Hey fellow coffee snobs, I threw together a sub 5min video today of an Aeropress brew that I did... Hopefully someone finds it useful, or interesting.

My recipe generally:

15gm med-fine coffee, 200gm H20 anywhere between 80-94C, 70sec steep, 20 sec push down

feel free to add your recipes, photos, video's!

Cheers, James
    Last edited by JamesM; 9 August 2012, 01:02 AM. Reason: updated video

Hey James, the link isn't working for me

Comment

strange, was working earlier. hrmm. will let vimeo know

Comment

fixed, with youtube upload

Comment

Thanks for the vid - I picked up an Aeropress a few weeks ago (thanks to Talk Coffee) when the steam pump on my 6910 died (say what you will - but I found the SB customer support brilliant... repaired under pump warranty at 26 months old), so it's been interesting trying the different recipes out. Your method seems to fairly similarly match the process I (eventually) settled on as well

Comment

Glad you are enjoying it. There's so many ways to make great coffee, it's fun to experiment and experience the methods and recipes

Comment

Great video James. Makes me want an Aeropress even more.

Comment

Aeropress How-to

Hey just got mine today. I'll try this recipe. Anyone else got good recipes? I am a milk base drinker do anything with concentrated espresso styled shot is welcomed...

Comment

Originally posted by brokenvase View Post
                  Hey just got mine today. I'll try this recipe. Anyone else got good recipes? I am a milk base drinker do anything with concentrated espresso styled shot is welcomed...
                  My usual method may help you find what you desire. http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...tml#post474016

Comment

Thanks for the video - very interesting.

Comment

hey, great how-to video. just got an aeropress and been experimenting with it with few different recipes online.
                      been following the recipe from marketlane blog.

was wondering when i use the inverted method, when you tip the aeropress to pour, quite a bit of the coffee is stuck to the plunger (rubber part) rather than sinking into the water. any reason for this? i do follow the market lane recipe by warming up the aeropress with a dry press of just hot water, which i assume makes the rubber part wet and thus coffee sticks to it, but their video and many others dont do this. what am i doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by bnjp88 View Post
                        hey, great how-to video. just got an aeropress and been experimenting with it with few different recipes online.
                        been following the recipe from marketlane blog.

was wondering when i use the inverted method, when you tip the aeropress to pour, quite a bit of the coffee is stuck to the plunger (rubber part) rather than sinking into the water. any reason for this? i do follow the market lane recipe by warming up the aeropress with a dry press of just hot water, which i assume makes the rubber part wet and thus coffee sticks to it, but their video and many others dont do this. what am i doing wrong?
                        Try pouring only half your water over the coffee (very thick slurry) then give a bit of a stir with the plastic paddle, pour the rest of your water and stir again.

Comment

That's some fastidious prep!

Comment

Indeed. It doesn't have to be though, all depends on what you're after. See my method here. Pragmatic, almost to a fault; but hey it gets a very good result, in very short time.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve82 View Post
                              Try pouring only half your water over the coffee (very thick slurry) then give a bit of a stir with the plastic paddle, pour the rest of your water and stir again.
                              Tried this, seems to be about the same. Would it be that im flipping it over too fast? But actually does it matter? The fact they are sticking to the rubber part might mean the coffee isn't brewing as much or something?

Comment

Working...
                              X