X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impress Coffee Brewer

Found this on kickstarter. Looks pretty cool. (:

Impress Coffee Brewer by Gamila Company: Aly & Beth Khalifa — Kickstarter

That looks really neat, need to do a bit more reading but I know I want one at least one.

Comment

just saw this on Kickstarters too. looks like a nice portable take on the aeropress... and doing what reverse brewing on it does! only thing im wondering about is that the grounds are still going to be at the bottom of the coffee no matter how hard you push the taste from the puck is still bound to seep into the liquid?

Comment

Originally posted by timdimdom View Post
        ...only thing im wondering about is that the grounds are still going to be at the bottom of the coffee no matter how hard you push the taste from the puck is still bound to seep into the liquid?
        It might not seep. If the holes are fine enough it will only extract when under plunged pressure. I'll let you know in April when(if) they get into production.

It's only a slightly different twist to the Bodum Travel Press (plunger cup) in BeanBay
        CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay

I've used one for a couple of years and it's a great way to make tea or coffee on the run and I can vouch that the Bodum won't extract after plunging as the membrane is very fine and requires the back pressure to get the contents through.

Comment

I was also thinking to myself "wouldn't the grounds still be exposed to the water after you've pushed down on the plunger" but the replies above have answered that lol

Comment

Came on to post this. It seems to do the job, and a good idea, I just don't know how this whole kickstarter thing works.

Comment

adrea, its on the kickstarter site:
              basically you pledge to pay a whatever amount you choose should they reach the stated goal on the site. once the project due date ends, if enough money has been pledged, all the pledged amounts get billed respectively (i think you need an amazon account for this). the rewards on the right are things you get in return for particular amounts. you add shipping to the reward amount as stated (i think for this project you just need to fork out 50 bucks for international shipping and click on the $50 pledge box - no extras for shipping costs)

Comment

Working...
              X