Aeropress with a slice of Orange?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeropress with a slice of Orange?!

Hi Everyone, I've discovered a great way to make your morning Aeropress that little bit more "Summer". I use the inverted method, and once I have put the coffee and water in, waited 30 secs and stirred, I add a slice of orange for the final brew time. Throw the filter on, turn the aeropress on to the cup and plunge away. You'd think the orange would give a lot more acid from the citrus, but it actually tastes like it has been caramelized or something similar. It's delicious, and a nice little change up from your daily coffee.

It got me thinking, what else do you think you could add in an Aeropress to give subtle changes?

Interesting, must give it a try. How about a lemon or lime? Works quite well in coke.

Cheers

Comment

I was thinking maybe pear or peach? It could be a disaster, but no harm in experimenting.

Comment

Let me know when you've worked out peanut butter.

Comment

You know I really don't see anything wrong with experimenting with adding flavouring or fruit or whatever if that's your thing, may have a few disasters but I imagine you would learn quickly to avoid repeating them.

We see constant reference to certain beans exhibiting lots of different flavours, if citrus, blueberry or tobacco do it for you why not enhance what you enjoy.

Some people seem to enjoy these under roasted beans that taste like citrus flavoured river water, so why not a slug of blueberry or mango if thats what rings your bell.

Comment

I have tried it when someone added raspberries and cloves was petty good. If you watch some you tube videos of the world barista champs you see all sorts of concoctions going into the aeropress. Not sure if it's really coffee but each to their own.

Comment

I just tried an aeropress (Using Ethiopian Mustefa beans) with a thin slice of peach on top to have the coffee filter through. DELICIOUS.

A very subtle flavour, but really mellowed out the bean, and had a natural sweetness to it.

I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by tropellor View Post
                Hi Everyone, I've discovered a great way to make your morning Aeropress that little bit more "Summer". I use the inverted method, and once I have put the coffee and water in, waited 30 secs and stirred, I add a slice of orange for the final brew time. Throw the filter on, turn the aeropress on to the cup and plunge away. You'd think the orange would give a lot more acid from the citrus, but it actually tastes like it has been caramelized or something similar. It's delicious, and a nice little change up from your daily coffee.

It got me thinking, what else do you think you could add in an Aeropress to give subtle changes?
                Lovely idea. What about a bit of ground chicory root?

Comment

I have been experiencing a bit. All below have double espresso as a base.

Have made espresso with some lemon: interesting, not bad.

Espresso shot into mug of icy water with a squeeze if lemon: very nice , gives it a nice zesty flavour, refreshing.

Espresso with kiwi fruit: must try again, didn't do much flavour wise, couldn't squeeze enough juice into it.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X