Scales for Pourover Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scales for Pourover Coffee

Hi all, I was wondering what scales people are using out there in CS land for pourover coffee?

My generic one keeps turning off mid brew so I'm looking for some new ones.

Thanks in advance.

I use hario V60 scales (for aeropress). The scales themselves are good, but what sealed the deal for me is that they also have a built in timer! Brilliant!

Comment

Thanks, would I be right in assuming that whilst the timer is on it prevents the scales from turning off?

Comment

Bonavita do this one. Specs:

• Measures in .1 gram increments with a capacity up to 3kg
        • Displays in grams, ounces or pounds
        • Count up timer built in for timed brewing
        • Stainless steel scale with tempered glass top
        • Dripper stand has an adjustable height - fits regular and travel size mugs
        • Unique pinch grip for easy adjustability
        • Dishwasher safe plastic base

Comment

Originally posted by Choman View Post
          Thanks, would I be right in assuming that whilst the timer is on it prevents the scales from turning off?
          I assume so: they never turn off when I'm making an aero press.

Comment

Nice.
            I'll look into these scales, thanks for the info.

Comment

Hi all, I was wondering what scales people are using out there in CS land for pourover coffee?

My generic one keeps turning off mid brew so I'm looking for some new ones.

Thanks in advance.
              If you like connectivity in your coffee gear. I am really enjoying my experience with Transform Your Coffee Brewing Experience

Comment

Hi Jaredw, is it worth the extra premium?
                i.e does your coffee taste better more consistently?

Comment

Hi Jaredw, is it worth the extra premium?
                  i.e does your coffee taste better more consistently?
                  As much as any other scale. I am just a sucker for backing anything with coffee + technology on kickstarter. The app with is brew maps certainly helps maintain consistency across different types of beans. I backed it when it was on kickstarter as i really liked the idea. I really hope to see the app reach its potential soon. The ability to share brewing hints and timing guides with other scale users etc

Comment

Time to stabilise is 1s with 1g accuracy, and 1-2s with 0.1g accuracy. I wonder how useful it will be for stopping shots? Granted, better than the kitchen scales I have...

Comment

I love the Bonavita scale. Is a bit pricey but gives super quick readouts, which is awesome for my pourovers, chemex etc. If you can afford them I'd go for it

Comment

We have most of this gear on range: Bonavita | Product Categories | Talk Coffee

Comment

Very happy with Hario scales. However, we've just ordered first Acaia scales - just to try this device. Check it out: http://coffeegeek.com/proreviews/firstlook/acaiascale

Comment

The number one thing that blew me away was the live pour tracking option for your brewing. What's live pour tracking? As you do you pourover, the display live tracks not only your cumulative volume of water poured (via an ever increasing solid area graph) but also shows you real time how fast or slow you're actually pouring that water (via a superimposed line graph). This is real time datalogging of a physical activity -- you, the barista, and your pour technique!
                            Now that sounds interesting! Would be interested to know what the response time is.

The Acacia scale just moved to the top of my list of things to try.

Comment

20 ms

As per Acaia's own myshopify website

Comment

Working...
                              X