New "CD tower"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "CD tower"

Determined to not spend this summer without one, I took the plunge today.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	756739 Click image for larger version

Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	756740

So, (having posted my first interweb photos ever) this is a Romeo cold drip tower, which is a good compact size and fits in with our light coloured timber around the place.

On the right Romeo is at work producing a lovely strong 500ml batch of Sidamo (Small Batch Hunkute).

what I've really liked about this, aside from the coffee itself, is the involvement in the process. Once set up, I watched it, timed it, stuck a teaspoon between the middle and lower vessel and sampled it, went to IGA, made bolognese, changed the drip speed on a few occasions, etc etc.

so I can say that I'm really happy with my new addition. Just wanted to share , really.

oh , and a question. Although I was happy with my first result, a light roast is best?
    plunger grind? And... About 3 1/4 hours for the 500 ml batch sound right?

Oh , it is sitting on a bench, not stuck to a wall as my now apparent sideways photos might have you think.

Comment

Originally posted by shortblackman View Post
      Oh , it is sitting on a bench, not stuck to a wall as my now apparent sideways photos might have you think.
      What operating system/version are you using "sbm"?

Mal.

Comment

I'm not sure if this answers it, but I'm using an iPod.

after putting photos on another thread today though, I think I've worked it out. I think I've got to use the device "horizontally", and with the "bottom" to the right.

let's see...Click image for larger version

Size:	189.4 KB
ID:	737978

Here's what remains of my first cd batch. Feels like a luxury to have it on hand!

Comment

Hooray! It worked. As I'm posting it always shows the image the right way up. It's only after I've posted that they rotate.

Comment

Working...
          X