• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minipresso?

Hmm.. Big claims on this one.
    Anyone tried it?
    Minipresso coffee machine fits in your POCKET | Daily Mail Online

Looks interesting. Wonder what it's like?? A problem I see is how many hours have the ground coffee been sitting in the canister for before brewing. But interesting idea

Comment

I've been a lurker here for a while - came to see if anyone was discussing this!

The video only shows the shot from above, so I wonder how much crema there actually is? I've emailed and asked for a video shot from the side in a glass. Will see if we get one...

Secondly, can anyone comment on how a non-continuous pour might affect the quality (taste)? I'm not experienced enough to know, but am considering pre-ordering this. If you watch the video you'll see a bit of coffee comes out with each pump.

Obviously considering it's plastic, it's not going to be handed down a few generations like the Rossa Portapresso (and no profiling). But for someone who might make 4 shots a week, could this be a winner?

Joseph.

Comment

I see they've pinched my idea about the pneu-presso. Ahh well, progress.

I think it will be very difficult to get a HOT shot, despite the fact that it's plastic. Also, the quantity of grounds doesn't seem to be very large, so maybe it's not too strong, or not much volume??

Whatever, it's cute.

Gonzo

Comment

Watching the guy pumping it I would suspect regular usage may result in a roaring case of tendonitis.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
            Watching the guy pumping it I would suspect regular usage may result in a roaring case of tendonitis.
            Yeah, I'd have to agree here, looks like a good way to get yourself a case of RSI.

Comment

just p reordered one of these , not because I believe it's gonna be the best shot in the world but because for 40 bucks is a cool lil toy that might make a espresso on the go possible . Will try when I receive it and let everyone know :-)

Comment

Saw a video on their Facebook page where they match it with a barocook cafe for a truly low tech portable coffee

Comment

Got mine today in the post. Went straight to the grinder and I must say I am pretty impressed with the outcome. Ground the same grind that I used for commercial machine and followed directions. Produced a decent sweet tasting shot with plenty of crema. Not quiet to the standard of my machine but I would say better than what's on offer at most cafes around here and easy to use and clean

Comment

nice nice I am still waiting to pay for mine . I must have jumped on the bandwagon pretty late ..I just think for a portable device it would be worth the price haha .

Comment

This does look interesting, be perfect for work. Lets know your reviews when they come guys

Comment

Mine should be here any day, I'll post some comments when I receive it.

Comment

Think I might get one for a play , could be good for work or camping hopefully.

Comment

Tried a shot today and added steamed milk, again for a portable unit it exceeded my expectations. Flat white was good, same flavour I get from the VBM but just perhaps a little more subtle

Comment

How long was the wait from pre-ordering for the folks who ordered one? Could this handle daily use?

Comment

Working...
                              X