Brewover 3-in-1 (Drip/Immersion/Pour over) on Kickstarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewover 3-in-1 (Drip/Immersion/Pour over) on Kickstarter

I watched the cold bruer take off on kickstarter and it has come a long way since then. It is a pretty nice product, good materials too. It does exactly what it should with a little tweaking. I am a hoarder of coffee gear though, so mine is going to be donated if I get my hands on the next beauty I have stumbled upon to rival the Cold Bruer. I was at the 'coffee in good spirits' event the other night in 'the valley' (Brisbane) and the winner was using the prototype of this new brewer to make a coffee spirit moonshine! That was not the original intention for it of course. The design caught my eye straight away.

This beauty is called 'Brewover'. The Kickstarter campaign launched yesterday. It is marketed as a 3 in 1 device. It can be used for pour over's, immersion cold brewing and cold drip! It is made out of high quality, thick borosilicate pyrex glass. It was thicker than my Cold Bruer glass when I inspected it.
    The top is cone shaped to suit pourover, and you can even control the pourover flow through the brass valve if you want to get experimental . All the parts are made of quality materials just like the Cold Bruer, but I like this design better because of its multiple functions. The icing on the cake for me is it has metal compartments that house the glass cone safely while still making the process transparent. Also the glass jug fits snug on a metal base for protection.

It was designed in Brisbane too which was appealing to me as I am all about supporting local business. Sorry for the long rant, I just want to see this thing sitting on my table so badly! I highly suggest you all check it out. The pricing is very decent. I recall the Cold Bruer on kickstarter for $55US while this sits at $60aud (for early birds) and $65 after that.

Nice idea but I'm concerned about the ability to clean the valve if the unit is used to do pour overs. Additionally the thinness of the handle is worrisome.

Java "Loves new toys!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	196ce40e75b449c2d2fef47d5182bdaa_large.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	738083

Here's the Brewover, I was going to post it yesterday but was having issues with my tablet. If this project gets of the ground, for me it wil be a bit of a step up in terms of complexity from the old Aeropress I use at work.

The handle looks thin and circular but if you look at other photos it's actually flat and a bit wider. I've jumped on board as I figure it will be like a coffee lava lamp on my desk at work to keep me relaxed.

Mods want to split these posts into it's own thread?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bxp View Post
        Mods want to split these posts into it's own thread?
        I was in the middle of moving my post and the one above it when I got interrupted.

Java "Yay for clean threads!" phile

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
          Nice idea but I'm concerned about the ability to clean the valve if the unit is used to do pour overs. Additionally the thinness of the handle is worrisome.

Java "Loves new toys!" phile
          Hi Java,

I took my time to get back to this thread haha. The handle is actually quite thick. Perhaps one of the photos gave the wrong impression (wrong angle). When I held it, it was slightly thicker than the Cold Bruer handle and the pyrex jug itself was also thicker without adding a great deal of weight.
          When I played with the device the cone can come off of the valve for cleaning easily. The whole unit can actually be disassembled and the valve would be clean with a simple flush of water by just opening it up a little. But if you are crazy about oils then you can actually pull the valve apart. I am really excited about this I want to get my hands on one badly.

Comment

Originally posted by bxp View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]7853[/ATTACH]

If this project gets of the ground, for me it wil be a bit of a step up in terms of complexity from the old Aeropress I use at work.

The handle looks thin and circular but if you look at other photos it's actually flat and a bit wider. I've jumped on board as I figure it will be like a coffee lava lamp on my desk at work to keep me relaxed.
            Having seen it in the flesh I can tell you it is a beauty bxp. I backed the package with the bottle capper and all the rest of the gear and coffee. I hope it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzo89 View Post
              ...The handle is actually quite thick...But if you are crazy about oils then you can actually pull the valve apart...
              That's good to hear gonzo!

Java "It's all about the details" phile

Comment

I visit Manna Beans quite regularly and find Simon and Flora to be very nice people.

Hopefully the KS will get a bit of press, here and there and they'll get over the line and it should because the product is very cheap.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-flow-pour-ov

Comment

Backed, hope it works out

Comment

Originally posted by rj326 View Post
                    I visit Manna Beans quite regularly and find Simon and Flora to be very nice people.

Hopefully the KS will get a bit of press, here and there and they'll get over the line and it should because the product is very cheap.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-flow-pour-ov
                    It is super cheap indeed for what it is and its functionality. It is sure to be a hit I will be meeting Simon and Flora sometime this week.

Comment

Originally posted by magnafunk View Post
                      Backed, hope it works out
                      So do I. Seems to be doing well so far so that has my hopes up.

Comment

I'm in too, need a fourth cold brewer

Comment

Fourth? ! You must take your cold brewing very seriously ;-) that's good to hear you backed it. I've been checking up on the kickstarter every few days. Hopefully it gets more support. I would love the ability to make huge pourovers

Comment

Also I just took a stroll in my suburb of Paddington in Brisbane and I just found out that the Kettle & Tin will be exhibitioning the Brewover Saturday the 8th incase any Brissy CS'ers would like to get a look at it. Exciting stuff

Comment

I've backed it as well, hope it gets the funding although I'll have to explain to the wife why I need another coffee making device.

Comment

Working...
                              X