New toy - vintage Cona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy - vintage Cona

Last week I picked up an old Cona vac pot off the local online auction site here in NZ for the very reasonable price of $10.50. Had my first go with it this morning. What do you know it works!! And the coffee actually tasted good too. Better than I ever managed to extract from my Breville drip filter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434753384.238771.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	757453
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434753398.181364.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	757454

Gotta love playing with a new toy!

Java "Toys! Must have new toys!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Syphon brewed coffee is my favourite way to drink black coffee.

Once you get the brewing variabilities sorted out, you can really produce some beautiful, rich and sweet brews...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
        Syphon brewed coffee is my favourite way to drink black coffee.

Once you get the brewing variabilities sorted out, you can really produce some beautiful, rich and sweet brews...

Mal.
        I had another one this morning. It was a bit better and I reckon I can get it better again. I'm really enjoying this.

Comment

Just made a pot following the water-coffee ratio in the instruction book. Jeepers that's strong!! I've just gone onto a slightly darker roast too so that doesn't help. I'll definitely need to back it off a bit next time as I had to add hot water back into it. All part of the fun.

Comment

The stove top Conas seem to be very scarce in the USA but then we do have lots of old Silex, Cory, Nicro and other American made stove top units around as well as many other brands. The listed ones still have gaskets available commercially, making them practical purchases. I have also worked out how to utilize currently available silicone bung plugs and corks to make replacement gaskets for several narrow neck American vacuum coffee makers, some of which would be complete shelf queens without the substitute gaskets. It just takes some ingenuity and experiment. Narrow neck models I have made gaskets for include Silex, both narrow neck Cory diameters and Vaculator so far.

Comment

Working...
            X