Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Behmor BraZen Plus -Review and my thoughts on the accurate electronic pour-over.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, if shadowwarrior used the Contact Us link it would have been answered already.

Originally posted by shadowarrior View Post
    Hi Andy, you wouldn't have any re-seller near Brissy/GC for the Brazen would you?
    What's the usual shipping time over to 4208 in case the only option to get one is via BeanBay?

Can you suggest me a budget grinder to go along with it? Would Sunbeam's EM0420 be good enough?

Cheers,
    Sidds
    BeanBay is fast, if you ordered and paid today it would have shipped already. Delivery time varies and obviously Christmas is the slowest freight time of year but we can get to pretty much any address in the country between over night and under a week.

Grinder? The EM0420 would be fine. Like all coffee grinders the more you pay the better it will work (mostly true) but because the Brazen is a pour-over and not under pressure the difference is more marginal. Buy what you can afford!

Comment

Awesome Placed an order just now.

Comment

comparison to the bonavita batch brewer? heard that one's pretty decent - also recommended by SCAA.

Comment

I received a Brazen for Christmas : ) We are very happy with it. Great flavour, and even pleasantly surprised with the brew of the Decaf WOW beans (my roast). Very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea64 View Post
            I received a Brazen for Christmas : ) We are very happy with it. Great flavour, and even pleasantly surprised with the brew of the Decaf WOW beans (my roast). Very impressed.
            Got me thinking...............

Comment

Originally posted by woodhouse View Post
              comparison to the bonavita batch brewer? heard that one's pretty decent - also recommended by SCAA.
              The question is off topic for this thread but to answer it...

ALL other brewers are pale in comparison as they brew at a fixed temperature which may or may not be suitable for the bean. Once you have the temperature control of brewing between 89C-99C in 1 degree increments you wouldn't ever want to use anything else, even brewers costing double the Behmor Brazen can't do that.

Any brewer that has no pump then has to lift the water by heating it too hot for making great brewed coffee.

The Bonavita batch brewer overheats the water for most beans and the temperature varies during its use (hotter at the end of the cycle than the start) making for sometimes burnt flavours and mostly unrepeatable brews. I really didn't like it when I tried it in the US this year.

The SCAA was a good start to making coffee brewing tangible, some other brewers now meet the SCAA criteria but only the Brazen exceeds the criteria and gives you the control you need to really experiment with brewed coffee.

Comment

I've been happy using the metal/mesh gold filter with the Brazen and making many a tasty brew. I've seen mention of Bunn papers, and have wondered whether 110 mm crimped paper filters for the Moccamaster filter brewer would work with the Brazen?

Andy, a second carafe would definitely come in handy for small events where you want to have one brew ready available for pouring and then have another carafe brewing up a second pot. Guess I could get a Moccamaster Airpot or Carafe for those situations too.
                What sort of price would Brazen carafe be?

Comment

You could be waiting a long time to get an answer from Andy in here. Use the Contact Us link found at the top and bottom of every page for a quick response to your question.

Java "Best to ask directly" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Is anyone able to tell me if you can just make a cup or two? Is there a minimum amount?

Comment

Not sure what the "official line" is but you can make a couple of cups.
                      Fill to the calibration line (about 500ml of water from memory) and add 35g of ground coffee (about 5g extra due to the low load). Works fine.

...but having said that, its rare for us to do less than a full pot. It keeps warm in the thermal jug for at least an hour and even when cold, because it wasn't stewing with heat it's still drinkable (me) or microwavable if you want it hot again (wife).

I've actually really taken to drinking the second cup cold mid afternoon and it changes very little, if it was good coffee hot then the cold result is good too!

Comment

I'm reviving a very old thread here, but any chance you will be getting any more of these in Andy? I've been looking at getting a Breville Precision Brewer but they are out of stock everywhere that I look, and this looks like it could be an even better option now that I have heard of it.

Yes I admit I have had my head in the sand for quite a while now, and haven't visited for quite some time, but have found that a child sucks most of my time up, and I just don't get to play on the internet like I used to.

Comment

Working...
                      X