No announcement yet.

Hand lever espresso machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's an argument by reductio ad absurdam, it seems very unlikely either extreme would work.

I'm not claiming 58mm is some magic number that works better than any other size, it just makes sense to me to stick to the standard to maximise available options.

Comment

Originally posted by noonar View Post
      Hi LB,
      Just out of curiosity. What would happen if a basket was wide enough, for example, that it allowed for only an even one particle high puck across the whole basket using the whole dose? How wide the basket would be? alternatively what would happen if the basket was so narrow and tall it allowed only one particle width for the whole length of the basket, with a single hole? I presume Machine designers and associates, all stakeholders, (some financial) do their sums, all things considered, each approach to sizing is optimised in the best interests for - success - ideally - however that has been defined.
      I think one particle width or height are going to create more problems due to the non-cylindrical shape of coffee grounds. When you've got a 58mm x 10mm (or thereabouts) the gaps left between the particle and the wall are negligible. With one particle you'll only have the point of the particle touching, you'll also have particles not touching each other neatly or evenly. By the time you have 10mm+ it all averages out quite evenly (or you get channeling). I can only imaging a single particle width would mostly flow around the sides and underextract. One particle height would just fine the particles that touch the least and channel like mad, you'd also need to have the shower screen hold the particles in position or they'd just fly out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by noonar View Post
        ...Just out of curiosity. What would happen if a basket was wide enough, for example, that it allowed for only an even one particle high puck across the whole basket using the whole dose? How wide the basket would be? alternatively what would happen if the basket was so narrow and tall it allowed only one particle width for the whole length of the basket, with a single hole...
        My guess would be:
        On the one hand it would gush on a huge disc of a basket. On the other hand it would choke part way down a very long narrow unbasket like tube (water is more viscous than one might think).

Ps 49mm works ok on my Cremina.

Comment

Here is the heater if you ever need one. Click image for larger version

Name:	1555842921798.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	749901

Comment

Here is the video for coffee extraction https://v.youku.com/pad_show/id_XMzc...6059.1&source=

Comment

I am from the home of the Newton espresso machine, how did I not even know about this!

Comment

Originally posted by KopiOkaukau View Post
                Here is the heater if you ever need one. [ATTACH=CONFIG]21977[/ATTACH]
                And here is a defibrillator, ‘cause Click image for larger version  Name:	0A3C293C-6781-4001-A9DD-0F0B98356F43.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.6 ** ID:	916970 if you use the heater, you’re likely to need one.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mat-with-one-t View Post

And here is a defibrillator, ‘cause Click image for larger version Name:	0A3C293C-6781-4001-A9DD-0F0B98356F43.jpg Views:	0 Size:	20.6 ** ID:	916970 if you use the heater, you’re likely to need one.
                  It's only 24V DC.

Comment

ah. Whew. No worries

Comment

Working...
                    X