Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clever Coffee Dripper Recipes

Hey!

First post, although I've been registered for a while. Came back to sell some coffee equipment, but apparently I need 5 posts rather than just lurking around, so I thought I'd join in.
    Are there many users of the Clever Coffee Dripper here? Any favourite recipes?

So far I've been doing something like:
    Ratio: 1:15-17
    100c water
    Coarse~ grind, 30 clicks on the C40
    Sit for two minutes, quick stir to get the crust down
    Drain at four minutes

Based on a YouTube clip I saw.
    I've sort of bounced between V60s, Aeropress, Delter (for a minute) and found the Clever to be a good balance between effort and results.

Sorry if this has been done to death.

Definitely not done to death. Hardly gets a mention in here most of the time.

I use the clever a fair bit. That's a small cafe I try to visit if I'm driving past who I occasionally get filter beans from. The barista there gives me the recipe for the clever because they were using the clever for all batch brews for a while. It's interesting the difference in some of the recipes. I play around myself now that I've had it for over a year, but early on the recipe that he gave me were always a starting point.

It varies a bit with the coffee, but typically I'm doing 65g/L, 96°C water, grind around 55-60 on the Niche, agitate, sit for 2min, drain. Some coffees however are more like 93°C, and 1min sit.

Comment

Chiming in on the topic of clever drippers,

​​​​​Is it possible to use a clever dripper like a V60 where there is a constant drainage?

Comment

• flynnaus
        flynnaus commented
        Editing a comment
        I have never tried it but it would be possible to use the Clever as a pour over a la V60.

• level3ninja
        level3ninja commented
        Editing a comment
        It's been in the back of my mind to try this for a while

Originally posted by deelearn View Post
      Chiming in on the topic of clever drippers, ​​​​​Is it possible to use a clever dripper like a V60 where there is a constant drainage?
      Definitely. You simply have it sitting on top of your cup or other vessel before you start pouring. It’s not conical like a V60 so you need Melita style filter papers for it. I’ve used mine this way a couple of times, but ultimately I think it’s best attribute is being able to combine immersion brewing with percolation.

Comment

Water off the boil down to 94C depending on roast / coffee.

15g / 240 - 250g water

50g bloom and swirl up to 45 sec

Pour remaining water by 1:00

ONE little jiggle swirl and drain at 2:00

Finished by 3:00 to 3:30

Comment

Working...
        X