Which Beanbay beans for AeroPress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Beanbay beans for AeroPress?

My current source of beans seems to be having some issues so if it turns out I can't get my supply I thought I'd try out some beans from Beanbay. The only problem is that I have no idea where to start and can't afford to experiment so was hoping for a recommendation. I looked through the forums but couldn't find any similar topic so sorry if this is already covered elsewhere or the wrong place to ask.

Originally posted by DDK View Post
    My current source of beans seems to be having some issues so if it turns out I can't get my supply I thought I'd try out some beans from Beanbay. The only problem is that I have no idea where to start and can't afford to experiment so was hoping for a recommendation. I looked through the forums but couldn't find any similar topic so sorry if this is already covered elsewhere or the wrong place to ask.
    Are you referring to roasted beans or green beans? How do you typically use the Aeropress (e.g. a relatively coarse grind for slower extraction, or something closer to an espresso grind)?

Comment

• DDK
      DDK commented
      Editing a comment
      Roasted, whole. I use the Tim Wendelboe technique (14g, 200ml). I grind fairly fine (finer than most AeroPress recipes recommend) but far from espresso. Probably close to pourover and usually get a medium-light roasted, washed bean.

• Barry O'Speedwagon
      Barry O'Speedwagon commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably go the Ardi Late Pick then.

I second the Ardi,

A word of caution, the beans are fresh. Really really fresh. They will peak at some stage but initially might have some fresh funk going on.

Comment

Working...
    X