Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rancillio Silvia or Sunbeam 6910 Purchase

I bought my Sunbeam for $530.
    That is a lot less then what I could have bought the Silvia for.

You may have not bought yours from them but most still did, and most that didnt have still been influenced by them more likely then not.

Comment

Now its really starting to sound like Holden vs Ford, or "my dad is better than your dad"

Comment

Originally posted by MM-MochaMaster link=1163496688/90#91 date=1164362357
        Now its really starting to sound like Holden vs Ford,
        Nope...

More like a Jeep Vs Holden....

One will last for ever, work first time every time and go everywhere. It may not look as pretty but it has a far better build quality and is more reliable.... it costs a bit more and is missing some of the fancy "features"... it is a true enthusiasts car.

The other is cheaper, and will start showing the signs of age far sooner. Things wont always work quite so well but it will do the job. Its the "peoples" car! And the owner will probably replace it every few years- and be happy to do that.

Both get you from A to B..... both have an appeal to a section of the market and both are valid options.

Id always buy the Jeep..... I love quality things which last the distance.....

(I also buy second hand commercial espresso machines).

Comment

Originally posted by Monti link=1163496688/90#90 date=1164362323
          I bought my Sunbeam for $530.  
          That is a lot less then what I could have bought the Silvia for.  

You may have not bought yours from them but most still did, and most that didnt have still been influenced by them more likely then not.
          Yeah - I bought my Silvia for quite a bit less than $700 too. Price is not my point! Its the build quality and other issues that still make the 6900 and 6910 a less attractive proposition to me.

If you want to buy a Sunbeam, go ahead. If you want to buy a Silvia, go ahead.

I think its wrong to suggest people are making their decisions based on other people influencing them. Pretty much every post Ive seen from people intending to buy mentions how much research they have done.

Hell - its still around $700 (more with grinder) you are parting with. If its that easy to convince them to part with readies - Ill start selling timeshare here!

BTW - Count how many Silvia issues vs Sunbeam issues various owners have had. I still think the Silvia has the edge at this stage. Sunbeam might overtake in the future, but it is not there yet.

Comment

Oh, you bought your Silvia for less then $700? That is why you didnt get it from a site sponsor then. Still not $530.

It is that easy to convince people, even though they dont think it is. Ive been in sales long enough to know.

I need to worry about how many issues I had. I had one between the two machines.

Jeep? lol
            You certainly wouldnt buy it for driving pleasure.

Comment

Ok ok,

I think enough is enough.... This has degenerated into nothing more than p*ssing contest now, what comes next.... Beating the chest. Everyones had their say I believe and its now just going around and around, time the thread is locked....

Mal.

Comment

Working...
              X