EM6910 v Silvia v the world!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 v Silvia v the world!

Just yesterday, I felt the need to use the sunbeam tablet to clean my 6 month old EM6900.  Cleaning out the machine with the tablet was fine , but when it came to descaling the machine i proceeded through the process stated in the instructions.  I unscrewed the screw in the brewing filter / shower screen from the upside of the grouphead, but i couldnt seem to get the filter/shower screen out. I tried everything I could think of.  Heres hoping someone has already found a way to get the filter out so I can complete the process of descaling my coffee maker.

Thanks
    :-/
    Hughesy

Re: SUNBEAM EN6900

According to Sunbeam it is not possible for the user to remove the shower screen.
    The manual is wrong in stating that you can.

Cheers,
    dickwyn

Comment

Thanks Dickwyn,

Then do you just finish the descaling process with it on. Does it matter. After cleaning the machine I dont get a good creme any more?

Hughesy

Comment

How many shots have you pulled since cleaning the machine.

My instructions say to run one through to re-season the machine.
        I usually run two.
        They both get thrown straight down the drain naturally.

Comment

Please rinse your machine thoroughly with at least 1 or 2 liters of water after descaling.
          I had no problems after that.
          Success
          dickwyn

Comment

Originally posted by dickwyn link=1166175758/0#1 date=1166184536
            According to Sunbeam it is not possible for the user to remove the shower screen.
            The manual is wrong in stating that you can.
            So how do you make sure the dispersion block is clean? Do you just let the blind pf sit in the group with dissolved detergent in it for several minutes?

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Re: SUNBEAM EM6900

Hughesy,

It is possible to remove the shower screen however you need to know what your doing on the EM6900/\/EM6910  ...  (I have done this)

What colour if your group seal??  If it is black, give Sunbeam a call and ask if theyll send you out a Blue Seal (it is stronger).. once you get the seal, do the showerscreen clean...

Problem is, when you remove the showerscreen, you need to be careful NOT to destroy the group seal... and the sunbean has 2 showerscreen.. one underneath the main one you see (and clean)... best this is to contact Sunbeam and they may email you instructions on how to do this....

Marc

Comment

I can confirm that on the 6910 the showerscreen comes of easy, just tried it.
                How about the second showerscreen Marc, I have a 6910 with blue seal.
                Have you had the second screen of? If so can you please give me instructions how to do this?
                Thanks
                Dick

Comment

dickwyn, you need a 10mm socket and undo the nut... be careful not to lose any of the valve bits....Remember, you do this at your own risk... you could void the warrantee.... check with Sunbeam and ask them if it is ok...

All EM6910s have the blue seal.... but the thread topic was EM6900 specific and the early release EM6900 had the black seal...

Comment

Thanks Marc, Ill wait for now.
                    D

Comment

I have done it using the instructions Marc sent me and it was easy with a bit of concentration

Comment

EM6910 v Silvia v the world!

Reporting in as promised.  I got some fresh Merlo coffee today - first chance to get some since delivery of the new machine and I have not had time to home roast.  Ground with the rocky on the usual setting for the Merlo, dosed tamped (any day my GP tamper will be in!) and went for it.  Stuck the stop watch on and it was 26 second from start of pour to auto-stop on the double setting with double basket.  I knew as soon as it started that it would be great.  Tiger stripes and all.  I repeated.  I reckon this machine has more grunt than the EM6900 I had and does good and consistent volume from start to finish.  It steams like a bandit also - I will time it and post the results.

This is another example of coffee quality - until now I have had to use, yes I cant believe it, Lavatsa supermarket beans (whole) (and 1.5 times dearer than Merlos fresh stuff) - and the quality of the poor and crema was pretty ordinary - just dull.

Cheers

Comment

Re: EM6910

yes...I have an em6910...but have not had a chance to pull a shot on it...i did however pull it out of the box to steam a small jug of milk and produced some awesome microfoam....steam is a bit on the weak side....a tad weaker than the silvia....but then again i only turned the machine on for a few minutes before the "Ready" light said all systems go.....normally i would let it warm up and come to temp...but just wanted some milk for a hot choc.

really looking forward to mucking around with it soon...i work as a barista 6 days a week mon through to sat....so very busy....and i cant be bothered lugging out my cimbali cadet....waiting on the mazzer from veneziano...which will now be some time in january says luca....

Comment

Excellent!
                            I cannot wait to see what an actual full time barista will say about the Sunbeam.
                            Keep us posted, Wushoes, will ya?

Comment

photos

Comment

Working...
                              X