Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 rate of failure poll

A voting option has been included for the curious bystanders. ;D

Please only vote yes or no if you personally have owned one of these units. If a couple owns a machine please have only one vote on the yes or no. We are looking for the failure rate of the machines themselves, not how satisfied the customers are.

I will close the poll in a week unless it appears there are still more who need to vote.

Java "On your mark! Get set! Vote!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Re: EM6910 rate of failure poll

can i say that it was only the steam noise (screaching as if the tip hole was way top big or something), rang sunbeam and they didnt believe me - said i didnt know how to steam (been barristoring for about 6 years now). So i took it back to Harvey norman - they replaced it on spot. Now new one is fine! awesome machine -- no problems with this one. Use it twice everyday - morning before work and nighttime session.
    BTW i knew that i might have some problems going sunbeam, but 6910 features was worth the risk

Comment

Ive had mine for six weeks now and use it every day at least three times a day. It has done very well BUT ive sprung a leak. Every time i use it now a small pool of water forms under the left hand side, yes the side with the electronics. I think its time for the phonecall. Just as a side note i work on tunnelling and mining equipment and am constantly surprised at how well the electronics hold up. In fact we have more trouble with the low voltage gear than the electronic components. This stuff is subject to some seriously hostile enviroments so i wouldnt worry too much until we hear of failures

Comment

mmm leak - ill keep an eye out

Comment

Originally posted by mitto68 link=1167733794/0#2 date=1171170381
          Just as a side note i work on tunnelling and mining equipment and am constantly surprised at how well the electronics hold up. In fact we have more trouble with the low voltage gear than the electronic components. This stuff is subject to some seriously hostile enviroments so i wouldnt worry too much until we hear of failures
          Precisely mitto,

A lot of my background has been spent in mining as well, specifically with all manner of sensitive instrumentation and electronics.... It all comes down to good engineering, properly rated components and adequate protection from the environment (both the physical and electrical environments) that the equipment will be used in. I think the concerns people have with appliance electronics, such as the hardware used in the EMO 69xx series of machines, is that the electronics appears to have little if any protection at all from possible water or steam leaks, dont know what form of protection they have from line introduced hazards, but thats another story I guess.

Cheers mate,
          Mal.

Comment

I agree with Mal (how unusual I hear you say :)

Electronics in hostile environments can be made reliable - no doubt about that..

In Defence such boards were dip coated in epoxy to insulate the electronics from the effects of water and steam..... The original La Cimbali board was similar - the latest (replaced after failure of the "treated" board) has no such protection. I wonder how long it will last?

If you ask a repair agent for fully automatic coffee machines how reliable electronics in these machine are - you will find they are one of the main causes of failure.

They could be designed and manufactured to take the conditions - but are they? Only time will tell. :-/

Comment

Working...
            X