Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottomless Silvia

Originally posted by Boris link=1169901431/0#14 date=1170474394
    Top Idea Mal. Its good because the exchange into the plastic cup disrupts the static electricity which causes the clumping and because it frees up your hands, a naked PF wont sit by itself in a Rock doserless.

BOris
    Well yes, there are those added benefits too ;D.... So used to doing it this way I forgot about em

Mal.

Comment

Success at last!

Today I witnessed two glorious pours from my naked PF 8-), seemingly perfect in every way. Started dark then turned into beautiful tiger striping with a nice syrup like consistency. No spritzes to be seen! I used the Weiss method and cut the arse out of a takeaway coffee cup which fit perfectly inside the LM basket. Ground into the PF and gave it bit of a stir with a mini egg beater.

After I removed the cup from the PF and smoothed the grounds with my finger I could instantly feel the different (more uniform?) lighter consistency of the grind. It seemed much softer to the touch and moved much more freely. Definitely no clumping. It also seemed easier to tamp for some reason. I usually need to have a few goes at getting the right amount of coffee in the PF. Usually after tamping the top of the puck is too low so I have to add some more and tamp again. Both times the top of the puck was at the right height first go.

Tasted bloody good too. SO definitely gave me a your a weirdo look as I started yelling with excitement and rubbing my hands as the pour started. I think I would best describe it as a religous experience. Ill try to get a piccy tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G link=1169901431/15#16 date=1170498670
        I think I would best describe it as a religious experience.
        Congratulations Matt,

Dare I say it..... It must have been a God Shot ;D

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1169901431/15#17 date=1170517178
          Congratulations Matt,

Dare I say it..... It must have been a God Shot ;D

Mal.
          Unfortunately all that espresso goodness ends up under some frothy milk so I guess Ill never know  ;D  Here are some pics..

Comment

Working...
          X