How to store a Silvia for a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to store a Silvia for a long time

Hi guys, Im moving o/s for about 12-18 months. What is the best way to store my Silvia? Should I drain all the water out of the boiler or leave it filled? Any advice much appreciated!

Re: How to store a Silvia for a long time

Oh boy - you are going to get sooo many offers! You cant store a Silvia without use - it must be left at a CS house so they can use it and keep it in working order for you...where do you live?

Comment

Folks, Im just back from the movies and thought I would see as quillion posts against this query - are all you Silvia owners sleeping? Viviane, some advice for domc please?

Comment

If it needs to be used, Ill be the first to put my hand up and take on for the team and look after it and keep it running whilst your away.   ;D

Comment

Sorry my names not Viviane but Ill do my best.

It shouldnt be necessary to drain the machine if youre using clean water, and thats evidenced by the difficulty in doing so, as water is only expelled from the boiler by pumping new stuff in. But if youre not or youre concerned for some other reason you should be able to do it this way.

If youre handy with a spanner you can remove the steam wand outlet from the boiler and invert the machine and the boiler will drain out, then reattach it and open the steam knob so any moisture isnt permanently sealed in. When you get back, fill the tank, make sure the steam knobs open, turn on the hot water switch, then last of all turn on the power switch, IN THAT ORDER. That way the pump will pump water into the boiler before the elements gotten too hot and burnt itself out.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Pullman link=1174111950/0#4 date=1174135927
            Sorry my names not Viviane but Ill do my best.
            Gregs a lumberjack and hes ok

Comment

My advice would be to sell it to a fellow CSer who will love it and then you can grab a HX machine when you return with a pocket full of ex-pat bucks! 8-)

Comment

Working...
              X