Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilo Silivia - troubleshooting no hot water

Hi,

I was wondering if theres anyone out there who may be able to assist with my crisis.

I bought a Silvia a few months ago (love it!!!). However, I woke this morning to find much to my horror that it wouldnt warm up. The unit itself is not emitting any heat and there is only cold water coming out, irrespective of setting.

Refusing to accept that it wont work, I have left the machine on all day and keep checking it. This doesnt appear to be resolving the problem.

The issue is now critical as its been over 24 hours since my last coffee. Can some please help!!!

Re: Rancilo Silivia - troubleshooting no hot water

Hey there.

It could be that your thermostat needs to be reset.

See this post
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1148872402/15

and be careful etc. etc.

If you blow your legs off doing this... dont come crawling to me!

Comment

tx fatboy - ill go an put on my pick rubber gloves and see if i can sort this out - women and screw drivers and electricity sounds like a dangerous combination but im up for the challenge. If you dont here back from me please send help....

Comment

Tx - it worked!! Thanks very much. The household is very, very appreciative!!!

Comment

And we appreciate that youre still alive.

Comment

Glad to help and glad youre still with us.

Its happened to a few of us (I used to own a Silvia) so I knew there was a post around somewhere.

Brett.

Comment

I think thats really cool - post a problem and have a solution in less than 20 minutes. Where else in the world could you get service like that?

Nice work fatboy!

Comment

Very cool. Am totally impressed...have now moved onto the blocked sink in the bathroom. Any advice on how to tackle that one?

Comment

Blocked sink in bathroom..... under the sink you will find an inverted U-shaped of J-shaped elbow bend.

Place a bucket underneath to catch water --which may be rather dirty).

Unscrew the big plastic nut which attaches the bend to the sink...and likewise for the one which attaches it to the drain.

Remove the elbow and inspect for blocakges such as hair, soap scum, wedding rings and the like.

Flush it out (not in that sink --theres nothing to catch the waste water).

Replace.

Alternatively, place some water in the sink, and use a plunger to force the water through the blockage..

"Another handy home hint, brought to you by":
                  --Robusto

Comment

Spot on advice there Robusto....

But be warned beginner snob.... the stuff you will find in the elbow will be YUK..

Generally black, slimy, muck...... and as robusto says.... generally lots of hair (makes a great mat to collect all sorts of ehhhhhh).... as it passes by!!!

Comment

13 minutes.

A new record.

Comment

Is there any problem that cant be solved by coffeesnobs :? I think not

Mal. ;D

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs "beginner snob" [smiley=thumbsup.gif].... First hand experience of what were all about here at CS 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1177135616/0#11 date=1177156059
                          Is there any problem that cant be solved by coffeesnobs :? I think not

Mal. ;D

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs "beginner snob" [smiley=thumbsup.gif].... First hand experience of what were all about here at CS 8-)

Mal.

I have this rash that keeps......

ok nevermind I HAD to say it, sorry!

Steve

Comment

Use Bepanthen on it.

Comment

I was going to suggest penicillin.....

In some Asian countries it is claimed to fix "everything"

Comment

Working...
                              X