X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Silvia

hey all

silvia came home today thanks to the mistress of finance,
    trying to dial her in, but when I tamp hard on the 8 setting of rocky Im getting water dripping from pf? Ive turned her off whilst I figure some dosing issues out.
    Any one have any ideas here?

tia

Steve

Re: new Silvia

Hi Sullo,

Sounds like youre right to sort out the dosing. Usually water drips over the sides of the pf when it is overfilled and isnt sealing properly in the group. Try dosing a touch less and all should be fine.

Good luck,
    Beanmeister.

Comment

getting used to the new rocky is fun, got my pour to 22 secoonds and that beautiful looking gold colour Ive been chasing!!!

Many thanks to Renzo and Ofra from Di Bartoli, for the machine and accessories and Renzos training.
      Finally pulled three coffees tonight for after dinner and Im in love with this machine!!!
      Although yes I know Im preaching to the converted here, but this machine is fantastic!
      Many thanks also go to the Mistress Of Finance for her lack of patience in wanting it today

Cheers

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo link=1178950838/0#0 date=1178950838
        hey all

silvia came home today thanks to the mistress of finance,
        trying to dial her in, but when I tamp hard on the 8 setting of rocky Im getting water dripping from pf? Ive turned her off whilst I figure some disong issues out.
        Any one have any ideas here?

tia

Steve
        I did the same for my first few shots and yeah, like has been said, a bit less coffee fixed it up.

Comment

I think Im being haunted by the ghost of "the lil machine that tried" whereas made to pack it, Silvias pf seems to like that low profile, just take me a bit of getting used to, just made another couple for practice, for some reason I have no problem wasting coffee for what Ive been achieveing with her tonight!
          Hail Silvia Hail!

Steve

Comment

Ah, so that ridiculously huge knockbox is getting a workout then, Sullo!?

Comment

Scootz

the ridiculous knock box stands at 770mm height to top of knock bar, I then stuck measuring tape inside it (bad idea I realised right at the point of doing it)from knock bar to pile of coffee - 770 its 140mm high already since yesterday affternoon when I brought her home....
              So yep, all implements are getting work out, had to roast the rest of my starter pack so I can keep up with dialing practice etc
              Silvias a hungry lass and I must keep her happy
              My bro in law thinks I should get a parasol and make a coffee stand out the front of our house, although every so often he comes in requesting one :P
              Its just been a totally caffinated weekend, and if I was one to get "wired" by coffee, think Id last till sometime next month

Steve
              I got a grindenstien as part of kit, its totally out of place here and has been relegated to holding spoons milk thermo bits n pieces, just no way big enough! ;D

Comment

Steve, I am pleased to see you are happy with your purchase. I hope you dont outgrow it too quickly, but upgradeitis is hard to avoid.

Wayne.

Check out the PID kits.

http://www.PIDKits.com/

Comment

So am I, but she keeps calling me??
                  Or maybe Ive had a little too much of her this weekend??
                  Hrrmmm

I had to promise not to PID (

Comment

Hehe, excitement is a shiny new Silvia!

Actually, is it the new Silvia, Sullo that you have got?

Comment

yep the new one
                      no idea what the diff is apart from funky drip tray, but as long as she produces what I ask of her, shes all good to me

Comment

Originally posted by Sullo link=1178950838/0#10 date=1179142858
                        yep the new one
                        no idea what the diff is apart from funky drip tray, but as long as she produces what I ask of her, shes all good to me
                        The only differences are the drip tray holes and the newie has a chrome plated surround on the group....so other than cosmetics, same same...

What we need is a ball-jointed wand or a kit to make it happen and better temp control out of the box. Rancilio are not quick to change things!....

Comment

Working...
                        X