NEW COFFEE LOVER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW COFFEE LOVER

I am fairly new to the world of brewing my own coffee. I have a Saeco Via Venezia that makes a nice coffee. But I think I am ready to upgrade. Ive researched the Rancilio Silvia and it sounds great for around $700. Any feedback would be appreciated. I read the review on the Silvia and Sunbean thermoblock. I lean towards the Silvia.

Re: NEW COFFEE LOVER

Most questions covering the Silvia have been answered in previous threads here.

Your best bet would be to peruse the hundreds of posts made about it and if you still have any unanswered questions post them for response.

Java "Research is your friend" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I bought a Silvia after reading through all the posts, so if your lazy and dont wanna search (and thats the $ you want to spend) I say just go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb link=1179137123/0#2 date=1179140441
        I bought a Silvia after reading through all the posts, so if your lazy and dont wanna search (and thats the $ you want to spend) I say just go for it.
        Thanks for the feedback. I think Ive decided on Sylvia, just got to get the go-ahead from my wife!!

Comment

Dont overlook the need for a very good grinder with a Silvia. The grinder is more responsible for good results than the espresso machine.

And the Silvia has a reputation of being very intolerant of a poor grind.

Congrats on the new machine

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by greenman link=1179137123/0#3 date=1179141069
            Originally posted by jimmyb link=1179137123/0#2 date=1179140441
            Thanks for the feedback. I think Ive decided on Sylvia, just got to get the go-ahead from my wife!!
            Add into your budget, chocolates, flowers, footrubs, jewelery, dinner.
            Or do what I did and do the big sad puppy dog face after explaining there will be no more espresso after I killed the sunbeam.
            Also phrases like, I can do this for you, insert espresso flatwhite milk choccy ona winters night, pick what she likes and show how you can do FOR HER. (but should be doin that anyway for a happy wifey)

Am I giving out bad info here?

Comment

LOL! No, keep going! There probably could be a few more happy wives around! ;D

The other alternative is to ensure that your wife is already a coffeesnob and has ambitions of her own to improve her kitchen appliance requirements!

Comment

pfft, put your foot down, your the man and your getting Miss Silvia.

Comment

Yes but putting foot down can also lead to not getting something else, which Im sure Id get in trouble for mentioning here....
                  There are often other ways of getting what you want

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb link=1179137123/0#7 date=1179183052
                    I hope your tongue is firmly planted in cheek!

Comment

Hey Scoota Gal,

I just tried, its impossible to go "pfft" whilst your tongue is implanted in your cheek!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb link=1179137123/0#7 date=1179183052
                        Yep, I have the last words in my house, its usually "Yes Dear".

Comment

Originally posted by Bill44A link=1179137123/0#11 date=1179202474
                          Yep, I have the last words in my house, its usually "Yes Dear".
                          A wise man....

You will live long and prosper

Comment

Working...
                          X