Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best price for Sunbeam EM6910

Hey everyone,

Im very tempted to buy the Sunbeam EM6910, have heard too many great reviews my heart is set, coming from a Breville http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=97 i hope its a worthwhile upgrade.

Just one more thing...

What is the best price for the Sunbeam EM6910, or how much did you get yours for?

Any comment is much appreciated.

Re: Best price for Sunbeam EM6910

I have no idea what you can buy one for as I, like a lot of others, got it as a freebie after buying a heap of other stuff.

I think you will find it a very worthwhile upgrade as I upgraded to mine from a baby Sunbeam (seems similar to your breville).  Moving to the unpressurised filter baskets makes a MASSIVE difference in what ends up in the cup.  Mind you it also means that you need the grind to be right (no more pre-ground coffee ever ever again) and really I think you need a half decent grinder as well (people around here seem to think a Iberital Challenge is the minimum standard).  Also the Sunbeam gives you a decent amount of steam and you dont have to change modes from brew to steam (can do both at the same time) so it also makes the coffee making experinece much easier as well.

Actually I am about to upgrade mine to a Giotto and also get a new grinder but it is not because I think the EM6910 is a bad machine I just felt like spoiling myself.... actually not sure what I am going to do with the red sunbeam - probably sell it on the board here so there may be a second hand one coming up if you needed to spend some money on a decent grinder????

Comment

$599 @ Hardly Normal RRP was $699, ive seen others get it better.

Comment

No offense meant golden86, but you are pretty much going from from one thermoblock to another. For approx. $100 more you can get a Silvia - a totally different machine and a worthwhile upgrade that will last and pass the test of time.

Comment

I talked Hardly Normals down to $550 for the 6910 + Sunbeam were offering $30 cashback. But then HN stuffed up my invoice and gave me another $30 off so it ended up costing $490 (inc casjback).

I was also buying the 480 grinder + knockbox so that affected the bargaining position.

Comment

Golden 86 - I assume that you have read the comparo between the EM and the Silvia and have made the decision....the EM is not just another thermoblock machine...your back Dennis; good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Stealth link=1180249840/0#4 date=1180352323
              I talked Hardly Normals down to $550 for the 6910 + Sunbeam were offering $30 cashback. But then HN stuffed up my invoice and gave me another $30 off so it ended up costing $490 (inc casjback).

I was also buying the 480 grinder + knockbox so that affected the bargaining position.
              Stealth

How much did you pay for the Em0480 grinder?

I was considering buying the EM5600 for my wifes birthday only days. Now that I am reading more and more on this forum, it seems like this EM6910 is a worthwhile machine to buy. We are complete newbies at this so is this an overkill for a first expresso machine?

Stephen

Comment

EM6910 $520
                EM0480 $169
                EM0110 $39.95

I have found this a great little combo. I have had none of the problems metioned elsewhere on this site (but I might just be lucky).

Is this overkill for a newby, no I think it is the bottom of the range that you should be looking at. I would love to (and will at some stage) go for some of the more professional units available from the sponsers on this site. But if such funding is unavailable I think this is a very good starting point.

If you go below this you may lose enthusiasim for the whole homebrew setup, due soley to bad equipment.

And, although I call this the bottom of the range, it can make a very fine brew, and will suit some people at infinitim, they may never see a reason to upgrade.

Comment

Im guessing that "EM stands for espresso machine. Anyone know what the numerals represent?

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1180249840/0#8 date=1180443502
                    Im guessing that "EM stands for espresso machine. Anyone know what the numerals represent?
                    Perhaps the first 6909 didnt work.

Sorry, couldnt resist!

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Originally posted by luca link=1180249840/0#9 date=1180443728
                      Originally posted by Dennis link=1180249840/0#8 date=1180443502
                      Perhaps the first 6909 didnt work.

Sorry, couldnt resist!

Cheers,

Luca
                      ROFL

Comment

Extra Mumbo

Comment

Originally posted by golden86 link=1180249840/0#0 date=1180249840
                          Hey everyone,

Im very tempted to buy the Sunbeam EM6910, have heard too many great reviews my heart is set, coming from a Breville http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=97 i hope its a worthwhile upgrade.

Just one more thing...

What is the best price for the Sunbeam EM6910, or how much did you get yours for?

Worthwhile upgrade let me tell you. Ive been from early model sunbeam, to gaggia classic, to this and LOVING IT - no complaints at all now.

Comment

Originally posted by gaggiaboy link=1180249840/0#12 date=1180525339
                            Originally posted by golden86 link=1180249840/0#0 date=1180249840
                            Hey everyone,

Just one more thing...

Worthwhile upgrade let me tell you. Ive been from early model sunbeam, to gaggia classic, to this and LOVING IT - no complaints at all now.
                            gaggiaboy,

Your nick still says gaggiaboy though. Shouldnt you change it to sunbeamboy?

Comment

I dont think you are able to change your name here...

Comment

Working...
                              X