Custom Settings for the EM6910

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Settings for the EM6910

I remember seeing a post (can not find it / use the search feature with success) about custom program settings and a users recommendations.

I am happy with changing and customising the volume and pour times. However, I am interested in others experience around settings for the Steam function and Temperatures in general.

AM

Re: Custom Settings for the EM6910

Hi AM, I think you saw it here....

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1145369402/13#13

Comment

I found that steam temp to max (+10 deg) and steam wetness to max (-0.2 sec, this gives the fastest pump rate) made the steam side of things a lot better and I also upped the brew temp, but that is about what you taste in the cup.

This gave resonably good steaming performance. Mind you I got my Giotto last night and I am still in total awe of the steaming on that baby - it is just soooooo easy.

Comment

AM...

Increase steam temp +10 and adjust pump delay -.1

Increase brew temp to max.

The back of your manual will show you how to make the adjustments.

Comment

Originally posted by Christretto link=1180658195/0#3 date=1180659333
          AM...

Increase steam temp +10 and adjust pump delay -.1
          Increase brew temp to max.
          The back of your manual will show you how to make the adjustments.
          Originally posted by Stew link=1180658195/0#2 date=1180659292
          I found that steam temp to max (+10 deg) and steam wetness to max (-0.2 sec, this gives the fastest pump rate) made the steam side of things a lot better and I also upped the brew temp, but that is about what you taste in the cup.
          Thanks Cgristretto and Stew, this was what I was looking for :-)

I had made some minor changes, but every time I go to play with the EM6910 or the EM0480 my Wife gets a little annoyed ;D

So I was hoping that this thread would allow myself and others to go straight to the G Spot with out all the hard work :

AM

Comment

Have a play around with the wetness settings to what suits you and stick with 1 setting for a week to get a true feel for it. Also depending on your steaming technique and milk etc... having the wetness set too wet may also affect your quality of late art.

I would strongly suggest using max brew temp as well.

Comment

Christretto is correct.

Comment

with mine, steaming is temp max, pump rate quickest.

Brew temp up +2.... my reasoning was ive taken out the plastic thingy in the PF.

Comment

I found that the sour note from my coffees was reduced when I upped the brew temp and let my PF warm up properly, as well as microwaving my latte glasses to warm them up in the morning.

Comment

Working...
                  X