Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silvia (and a Rocky) - fantastic service!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia (and a Rocky) - fantastic service!

Im not quite sure if this is the right thing to post, but I guess if it isnt thisll disappear!

I have had a (good) espresso machine for a long time. It is a 35 year old "Super Quick". Has commercial basket, etc etc. Anyway, the boiler has a leak. So I was in the market for a machine, and tried a few. Rapidly came to the conclusion that $500+ looked like the minimum spend to buy a machine thatd make a coffee as good as the old Quick. So a Silvia was the (somewhat) default choice.

I looked at some local (Adelaide) suppliers, and then phoned Chris (2mcm) @ Talk Coffee. Chris shipped the machine over next day. Service! I have a a grinder (modified Solis) that Ive been using with the Quick for a couple of years. So I declined his kind offer of a package deal with the Rocky.

The Silvia is everything people claim it to be. A very brick-dunny build, very simple to use. I cant understand why people claim it is difficult or tricky. :-?

Of course, I quickly discovered that the modified Solis didnt quite cut the mustard (or is that coffee?).

I cant commend Chris enough. One phone call, and the Rocky was on its way The combo is, of course, terrific. Everything everyone has said about "The Grinder is critical (irrespective of the machine)" is totally correct.

Anyone who is looking for a decent machine: you should definitely support the site sponsors. Absolutely fantastic service - above and beyond the call! Correct advice, correct instructions and wonderful support. Im not used to dealing with vendors who give a damn!

Thanks Chris - even the Chief Financial Officer is impressed with the coffees Im turning out!

/Kevin

Re: Silvia (and a Rocky) - fantastic service!

mmmm thats good to hear.

The main reason why people say Silvia is tricky is because you need to temp surf to get a decent brew.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes link=1181556158/0#1 date=1181557808
      mmmm thats good to hear.

The main reason why people say Silvia is tricky is because you need to temp surf to get a decent brew.
      But you pretty much need to do that with any machine. Granted, with the Silvia there is a massive amount of brass to heat, but it isnt rocket science Miss Silvia is pretty straight forward, in my humble opinion. Yes, a HX machine is probably better overall, but I can switch on from cold and have a coffee in about 10minutes.... And Ive had her for 2 weeks already and no upgraditis yet!

/Kevin

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Kevin,

I am glad that youre enjoying your kit and wish you many god shots!

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X