HELP! Wired noise from my new em6910

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Wired noise from my new em6910

When my machine start heating up, there is a wired noise produced. It lasts couple of seconds and then off (about 2 to 3 secs). Is that normal? THe sound is like a soft gi gi sound~~~It starts producing that noise when i accidently tured off the machine once when it was recovering from the sleep mode~~

Re: HELP! Wired noise from my new em6910

If it has always made that noise then it is probably normal sugilun - well, at least as normal as the sunbeam gets . Probably just the pump priming?

Comment

Its like a whistle kind of noise... very normal.....

Comment

Ok~~Thx~~feel better now

Comment

water is just being released from the 3 way valve to let out some pressure within the brewing thermoblock I think

Comment

Its interesting that the EM6900 never did it but the EM6910 does....

Comment

the water is definitely flashing to steam when it comes out.

Comment

Yes it is....

Comment

another question~~~~when i finished brewing the coffee there are water spilt out from the spout of the drip tray~~~So i assume that it is just for releasing the pressure from the machine. So i want to ask is that normal?

PS: Sorry I knoW my english is not that gd cos im overseas. I will try to improve it~~~Thx everyone~~~

Comment

Yep thats the three way valve working normally, releasing the pressure from the group when you stop brewing. It shouldnt really splash out of the drip tray but it doesnt indicate a fault. Just make sure the drip tray and cover are properly positioned.

Greg

Comment

The problem is that water is not release to the drip tray. It splashes out from the spout of the drip tray. Ive double checked the drip tray are properly positioned. So im worrying about is it something wrong with the 3 way valves.

Another problem is that after i stop the brewing, the pressure from the group head is not fully released~~~After i stop the brewing, the gauge indicator sit in the middle in the white zone. The pressure is fully realase after i remove the PF from the GH. When i remove the GF there are water spilt out from there. And i end up with wet puck. (the gauge indicator is in the middle of the brown zone when brewing and the pour looks gd. Like thick dripping honey). So, im not sure what is the problem.

Comment

Mention more about what filter basket im using. Im using the normal single basket. And my grinder is Delonghi KG 100. Ive tried different kind of courseness. But there are still water sitting on top of the puck after brewing. And water split out after releasing the PF from the GH. When i knocked out the puck, the bottom of the puck is firm but the upper part of the puck is a bit like mud. Before brewing, i locked the PF into the GH and release it, i can see the mark of the shower screen, screw on the puck.

The problem is that after brewing there is water sitting on top of the firm puck. So i dont know whats going wrong. Is that mean im underdosing? However, the gauge indicator are in the middle of the brown zone every time.

Comment

And also there are a few water droplets building up the the gauge. Is that normal?

ive removed the black plastic from the PF after ive pruchased the machine. It is the first day i use this machine to make coffee. So thats all the problems ive got so far

Thx for helping everyone~~~

Comment

Originally posted by sugilun link=1184036663/0#12 date=1184052147
                            And also there are a few water droplets building up the the gauge. Is that normal?

Thx for helping everyone~~~
                            If you are stating that there is Water droplets in the gauge... Then that does not appear normal

Comment

O really? Anyway i wait until the water droplet disappear and try again. If there is still water droplet building up ill just call sunbeam.

Comment

Working...
                              X