Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! water droplet on the gauge screen (em6910)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! water droplet on the gauge screen (em6910)

There are a little bit of water droplets building up on the inside of the espresso gauge screen. Is that normal? Ive called sunbeam and they said it is normal becos there is a pump there. However, someone from this fourm said this is not normal. Therefore, im a bit confuse.

Here i post the photo~~Does anyone have the same problem with me? Also ive got a little bit of water leaking from the seal when i making my coffee. Is that becos i put too much coffee in the filter basket?

N.B.
    Please use image sizes of 640x480 pixels or smaller so that they can be viewed more easily in a browser,
    Mal.

Re: HELP! water droplet on the gauge screen (em691

Another one. So u can see there is water droplets on the screen. it will disappear but it comes up again when u start up your machine in the next morning. Ive only got this machine for less than a week

Comment

No need for concern.

Comment

nunu: So thats normal?

Comment

no its not normal....but it doesnt effect operation. just ring sunbeam and see what they say

Comment

Sugilun, what you have is a classic case of condensation.
            It wont affect the operation of the machine or gauge, but there is the potential for the gauge to corrode over time. Then it will!

It could corrode the internal clockworks of the gauge, or the face. For now, as the machine heats it will evaporate out the moisture, which is a good thing.

Have a look inside the machine and make sure the pipe which attaches to the gauge is not loose. And that nothing else there is leaking.

Cheaply-made gauges are poorly sealed and when warm moist air penetrates inside it condenses and forms vapour until the gauge itself heats up and evaporates it out. Just make sure that the moisture isnt coming from an internal leak.

--Robusto

Comment

Youre giving the guy a complex. A bit of condensation inside the gauge isnt the end of the world.

If youre really worried, take it back and get a new one.

Comment

I wouldnt tolerate this terrible fault in a new machine. Condensation in the gauge is clearly a fault.

Id take it back and get a new one if I were you.

Comment

The end is nigh!

Sunbeam hath produced another faulty component. Surely armageddon is next?

Comment

I called sunbeam this morning and they said it is normal. But i dont think so. Cos when i start warming up my machine, steam coming out from the shower screen after the wired noise. Sounds like some tubes are not connected properly which lead to gas leaking. I think i will go to myer and change a new one. If not ill get a refund and buy it somewhere else.

Anyway Thx everyone again~~ u are all very helpful

Comment

Ive used mine extensively now for a few months. Not a sign of condensation from my machine....

Comment

Took it back to myer and they send the machine for fixing >. (They said they cant exchange it becos it is an EXPENSIVE item). Have to wait at least 4weeks > Not happy >

No coffee making for at least 4 weeks~~~Wuwuwuwu

Comment

Too late now, but was the steam actually coming out of the shower screen or up from the drip tray?
                          Its normal for it to make a whistling noise when its warming up and a burst of steam rises from the drip tray.
                          If it was actually coming out the shower head then it sounds like it was actually a problem with the internal plumbing.

The noise is just the steam TB releasing built up pressure (one of the problems on the original 6900 was the water tube blowing off the pump from the pressure in the steam TB as it heated up the left over water).
                          Im pretty sure they have an OPV of some type now, thats also why it releases a bit of steam when you close the valve after steaming.

Comment

Bad luck Sugilun. Four weeks is a long time without home coffee.

That sort of delay is unacceptable. Can you contact Sunbeam and get them to expediate the repair? I dont see why it should take so long when the actual repair should take perhaps minutes.

--Robusto

Comment

4 weeks for something 2 weeks old! Thats outrageous!

I would have demanded a replacement right there and then, otherwise a full refund.
                              The machine is demonstrably faulty.
                              There is no way I would have accepted a 4 week turnaround on a brand new machine.
                              If you had mentioned Consumer Affairs you might have got some satisfaction.

Bad luck mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X