Can anyone show me what does a gd pour look like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone show me what does a gd pour look like

Can anyone show me what does a gd pour look like by using sumbeam em6910? Im a beginner so need lots of advices

Re: Can anyone show me what does a gd pour look li

Id start a new thread for each and every single problem you have with your new machine if I was you...  

gd idea?

Comment

Before starting any new thread do a good search on your problem as it has most likely been dealt with before on here.

Java "Search engines are your friends!" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hey sugilun

Go to youtube and do a search on espresso pour. I found a great one that had examples of too fast, too slow and just right :0

Sue

Comment

Ill bite...heres some Yirgacheffe pulled as a SO shot on the EM6910.

The camera flash makes the shots look blonder than they were. Tiger striping in spades, coffee a bit too fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sueb link=1184126991/0#3 date=1184137370
            Hey sugilun

Go to youtube and do a search on espresso pour. I found a great one that had examples of too fast, too slow and just right :0

Sue
            Ive seen that video...I didnt really like the "just right" shot. Looked a bit fast from memory.

Comment

this is quite a good one...

http://images.12travel.com/images/images/Guinness.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1184126991/0#6 date=1184138972
                this is quite a good one...

http://images.12travel.com/images/images/Guinness.jpg
                ???

Comment

Wushoes

I found it to be helpful so far as the sounds. I was doing a 30 sec pour but I thought my pour was fast but when I ground finer and tamped harder the machine sounded like it was going to blow, I even covered my face just in case. So seeing this vid and knowing that yes it does sound like it struggles but thats ok.

So am I on the right track?

Comment

Ill add a video that I made a rew days ago, but was motivated by sugiluns post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et0EBITnXKc

We bought some beans from a local roaster, their own blend that was a mix of arabica and robusta but dont know more than that. This was the first time I have been to a roaster, as I have so far used beans from the supermarket, or I buy some Vittoria from the coffee shop at work (the owner says he gets his beans each week from Vittoria).

However I noticed that this pour went blond more quickly than other pours I have had.

Comments appreciated - did it blond too quickly or is that normal? Is it a function of the beans?

And how did it taste?! This coffee was too bitter for me and not much aroma. So we are going back to the roaster this weekend to ask to try something else. Still searching for a good coffee!

Kay

Comment

Kay, perhaps the Robusta content was too high...and that was why it was bitter... Ive had Robusta blends before and it did nothing for me...

Comment

Hey Kay,

It appears the shot was a bit on the slow side and also over extracted. Stop the pour/remove the cups at the first sign of blonding. Aim to get 2oz (using the double basket) in 25-30 seconds. Keep your tamp constant and your fill level and adjust the grind of the coffee as the variable. Get it int he ballpark and then adjust by taste.

If you want a known good bean to use so you can concentrate on your technique rather than worrying about whether the beans are any good might I suggest you get some nice fresh high grade CS Brown from Andy via BrownBay.

Java "Its nice to limit the variables!" phile
                        Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Hi Kay

No matter where you are, if its freshly roasted beans your after and unsure what really takes your fancy, then my suggestion is that you go here...

http://beanbay.coffeesnobs.com.au/ViewProduct.aspx?ID=118

Theyre guaranteed to be good, will be delivered quickly, and I dont know of anywhere that you could go to get a better deal

Comment

Perhaps it was bitter because it was over extracted. The shot went for over 40 seconds.

Comment

Just looking at the video, I thought the pour was acceptable however I noticed mouse tailing. Id be interested in your pucks as to what they looked like... but it does look like youre underdosing a bit...also the crema looked a bit lacking considering the beans had robusta in it...so edging towards stall beans I would suggest...

Javaphile comments are also good...

Comment

Working...
                              X