delonghi EAM3400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delonghi EAM3400

hi guys, i was just wandering what you guys think of the delonghi EAM3400? is the double boiler any good? does it froth the milk nice? and does the coffee it produces compare to the Rancilio silvia?
    thanks

Re: delonghi EAM3400

Hi moey007,

The Delonghi EAM3400 is a superautomatic.... it does everything for you... and none of it really well (like most other superautomatics)...

They are OK for say an office environment where people want to make coffee..... but dont know how....

They are very complex (read unreliable)... require frequent service (read considerable ongoing cost)..... and to answer your main query..

It will make coffee no where near as well as a Silvia.... (unless you are totally hopeless at making coffee.... in which case the Silvia would probably make coffee which was just as bad). ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1185282332/0#1 date=1185282944
      Hi moey007,

The Delonghi EAM3400 is a superautomatic.... it does everything for you... and none of it really well (like most other superautomatics)...

They are OK for say an office environment where people want to make coffee..... but dont know how....

They are very complex (read unreliable)... require frequent service (read considerable ongoing cost)..... and to answer your main query..

It will make coffee no where near as well as a Silvia.... (unless you are totally hopeless at making coffee.... in which case the Silvia would probably make coffee which was just as bad). ;D ;D ;D
      Hmm...how does one put it simply??

DONT GO THERE!! These are junk appliances which produce brown muck. Look on the bay of evil and youll see pages of junk and heartbreak and the very rare gem.

If you want it all done for you at the press of a button, I suggest that its best to employ the services of a talented loacl barista and spend your hard-earned on something more useful...

2mcm

Comment

Another alternative is a french press and a good grinder.

Comment

hi, thanks for your feedback guys. personally i have just upgraded from a baby gaggia to a rancilio silvia and im loving it. the reason im asking is because a friend of mine is about to buy one and he asked me if theyre any good. personally i dont like fully automatic machines but i thought id get some of your opinions. i think the delonghi has stainless steel boilers which while being better then the aluminium ones does not compare to a brass boiler. Any more feedback would be much appreciated.
          thanks guys.

Comment

The Bosch Automatics have Stainless Steel Thermoblocks (Ive never known a Delonghi to have a Boiler, more likely to be a Thermoblock)

Comment

Working...
            X