Saeco Incanto woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saeco Incanto woes

In case anyone didnt know, Saecos Australian importer went bust and the operations are now run by the Italian parent company. However, there has been some "restructuring" of operations and while Im not sure about other states, in Queensland this has had devastating effects for customers.
    Saeco no longer does any domestic machine repairs - they are now handled by a third-party repairer in Longaholme, halfway to the Gold Coast.
    Furthermore, as the repairer is not related to Saeco in any way, coffee machine repairs are forced to queue like everything else, and I was quoted three weeks before theyd look at my Incanto. Thats after theyd already had it week.
    I would caution would-be Saeco buyers that the new arrangements will also impact on warranty repairs (and if my experience is anything to go by, youll have a few of those). In Brisbane at least, its no longer a matter of dropping your machine off locally and coming back a few days later to collect it!
    And if anyone from Saeco is reading this, please get your Brisbane guys to sort out my Incanto!! I have had to buy another machine - to tide me over as the weeks drag on, and I guess when the Incanto does come back, itll sit on the shelf like an expensive paperweight! In retrospect, I recommend that Saeco owners keep a fall-back machine to use when their superauto is being repaired.

Re: Saeco Incanto woes

There is a very easy way to solve this - do not buy a superauto.

Comment

Ther may be some truth in that, but it also raises concerns for those with non-super-auto Saecos, which might require service or repairs.

Comment

Hi Flatwhite!

What sort of problems did you have with your Saeco?. I have an Incanto Deluxe aswell, and it has been back twice, which I am "touching wood" with....so so far so good.

Have you rang Saeco HQ here in Victoria about this? I would be on their backs about this constantly if I had to wait as long as you have.

Good Luck with it, and update us with what goes on.
        -Linda

Comment

There has been a persistent issue with the steamer. Every six months or so, it stops switching off and continues to release steam after its closed. This time, in addition to that issue, I also have low steam pressure and an apparent leak because theres a hising noise in the machine and a build-up of steam in the digital display.
          I have kept a written record of the issues and faxed copies of all my correspondence to Melbourne - but been greated by total silence...

Comment

Update: After three weeks, the machine has been repaired. However, I cant actually get it back. Because the third-party repairer does not have any agreement with Harvey Normans extended warranty provider, they wont release it until its been paid for.
            To repeat: Saeco buyers (and this probably applies to all Saeco machines) be warned that the companys decision to outsource service means that getting your breakdowns repaired is no longer an easy thing - nor a quick process!!!
            And if anyone from Saeco is reading, you guys have made some bad decisions which will no doubt come back to haunt you!

Comment

Update two: Perhaps someone from Saeco is reading as the paperwork has been sorted out and Saeco offered to collect the machine for me from the reparier at Loganholme (halfway to the Gold Coast) so that I can collect it from their offices in Brisbanes north.
              Opps! Spoke too soon. Just as I was about to leave to pick it up, I got a call saying it cant be released because the paperwork isnt completed! Grrrrr!

Comment

I can sympathise with flatwhite, I too have a Saeco Incanto. There is a Saeco repair center here in Adelaide and they repair fast. Tht still doesnt make up for the fact though - that in 20 months I have taken it in 7 times for repairs ! The steam tap needs attention in mine every 3 months on average. They have changed the design 2 or 3 times but there still appear to be problems, now with the "O" ring in the tap that wears too fast.

I am looking to sell and get something else that will last. Any suggestions ?

cheers,
                Seedar

Comment

Get an Expobar like mine.
                  No problems to date.

P.S. You didnt mention your budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Seedar link=1187930870/0#7 date=1188596238
                    I can sympathise with flatwhite, I too have a Saeco Incanto. There is a Saeco repair center here in Adelaide and they repair fast. Tht still doesnt make up for the fact though - that in 20 months I have taken it in 7 times for repairs ! The steam tap needs attention in mine every 3 months on average. They have changed the design 2 or 3 times but there still appear to be problems, now with the "O" ring in the tap that wears too fast.

I am looking to sell and get something else that will last. Any suggestions ?

cheers,
                    Seedar
                    Hi Seedar- I empathise with your frustration. That, unfortunately is often the way with the superautos.

If youre ready to move on to something better, we have some great deals this month from Silvia and grinder packages, through to Minore II at unbeatable prices as well as a whole heap of other stuff....http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933911.

Fell free to make contact if we can assist in any way to help you make your decision.

Chris

Comment

While I was machineless, I decided to go manual and ordered a Silvia/Rocky - or at least I thought I had. Turned out the dealer in Brisbane hadnt actually ordered it because I hadnt paid for it (I thought wed arranged for payment on pick-up) and when I pressed him, he started advocating the Sunbeam. That was about the time they started offering the free grinder. I appreciate his advice because clearly it wasnt profit-driven - there cant be much margin on a $600 Sunbeam compared to a $1300 Silvia/rocky combo, and decided I couldnt go far wrong with the Sunbeam. He didnt try to upsell me to any of his "name brand" machines, but stressed that all his Sunbeam customers were happy with their purchases. Add to that the fact that I have a two-year warranty (through Amex, which few Rancillio dealers will accept). And I must say I havent been disappointed.G reat shots - so much so that I wont use the Incanto now.

Comment

After a long string of problems with my Saeco, which were only ever half-fixed (Im in Victoria), and a similar story with a super-auto owned by my brother, I doubt very much that I will ever go near another one, and have no idea why I let myself be persuaded to buy one.

The manual machines are way overpriced and underperform seriously, and the SAs are a piece of junk.

The sad thing is that my brother replaced his with a Jura super-auto, and produces coffee which gives rancid dishwater a good name... : ((

Comment

my Saeco is leaking water everywhere and Im in Brisbane.. can anyone give me the details of the repair shop in Loganholme? thanks

Comment

I have sold the machine and no longer have the repairers detials, but you can find out from Saeco:
                            Saeco Australia Pty Ltd
                            6/87 Newlands Road Reservoir
                            Victoria 3073
                            Australia
                            Tel.: +61 3 94624949
                            Fax: +61 3 94624955
                            E-mail: info@saeco.com.au
                            If youre close to the city, theres a Saeco dealer, QLD Coffee Machine Sales & Services, at 45 Caxton St Petrie Terrace Tel: (07) 3369 3933

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by morninglory link=1187930870/0#12 date=1207703336
                              my Saeco is leaking water everywhere and Im in Brisbane.. can anyone give me the details of the repair shop in Loganholme? thanks
                              I am sorry to hear about your Saeco woes morningglory. I had mine back to them 3 times in the 18 months that I had it, then eventually I had it serviced ($170 later) and gave it away to my in-laws.

I do know that the actual repair place in Reservoir (victorian branch) has closed down, and there are small branches of "technicians" that are doing the repairs/maintanence. You may have to ring the Saeco number given, they may be able to direct you.

Just a small note on the Saeco Incanto Deluxes: I was in Myers on Saturday in Melbourne, and I happened to be on one of the floors that sell the machines. I was speaking to the lady rep there and she told me that alot of the Saeco machines that are roughly 2-2 1/2 years old had major problems. (That would account for the all the machines I saw at the Saeco repair centre) She also told me that I should have taken it back to place of purchase and demanded a new machine or similar. Apparently alot of the big brand sellers are/were aware of this problem and brushed it aside.

Unfortunately my machine was within that 2-2 1/2 year bracket. What a waste of $1500. >

-Linda

Comment

Working...
                              X