New EM6910

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EM6910

Hello. My first time! Ive just bought a EM6910 and Ive read the instructions and went to do the first clean out before using it for real and the water will not pump through. I have tried this 3 times now and no water is coming out. Am I doing something wrong? The machine is warming up and making its noise but no water! Can anyone help me?

Re: New EM6910

Hi tatch and welcome.

Suggest you remove the water tank, make sure it has enough water in it, then replace it firmly in place before trying again.

Comment

Thank you....I have just started getting water through it. It took a while to get pumping through but seems ok now. I have filled the water tank - seeing its the first time I have used it should I keep pumping it through until its empty to completely flush it out? or should I go and make a coffee now? I have pumped about 2 cups through.

Comment

Make the coffee - you deserve it!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

My brand new EM6910 is doing the same thing. I have pressed the manual button 3 times now and have got only a few ml of water out. The water tank is full and firmly in but I guess I just need to keep going with it.

I am glad I found this forum as I thought it may have to go back!

Thanks
          ridecwb

Comment

I too experienced a problem with priming, but once I got it going, the EM6910 has not skipped a beat since. This has got to be one helluva reliable machine for me. Even my top of the line German made brand new Miele dish washer has struck a mechanical problem (noisy bearing on fan) in the same time of ownership, but the Sunbeam has been great.

Ive even had a tempting offer from a friend to buy it, which would give me a chance to scratch my upgraditis itch, but Ive decided Ill keep the Sunbeam till it carks it. I could be in on a very long wait, judging by its reliability to date.

Comment

Hi guys I have the same machine and they seem to have a bleeding problem meaning they get air in the system, try opening up the steam or hot water valves and when you fill it up dont remove the tank take a jug to the machine and fill it up that way.

Comment

I agree with marty,

If possible just use a jug to fill up the reservoir. If you do have to take out the reservoir for cleaning etc, I have found the best method of priming is to simply open up the hot water spout and let it run for a min or until you fill up a standard cup then flush the group and all is back on track.

Comment

Thank you. Im still playing with the ground coffee and getting the taste right. I have burnt the coffee cake a few times. If you have any tips on how fine the coffee ground should be and getting a perfect taste to the espresso please let me know. Thank you.

Comment

Have you done the free coffee appreciation course? Itll give you a good idea of what you need to do to make that perfect cup of coffee.

Comment

On a different note is anyone getting water under the drip tray?

Comment

Originally posted by expressman link=1188115488/0#10 date=1188465338
                        On a different note is anyone getting water under the drip tray?
                        Yes, and I think its endemic in quite a few SB machines

Comment

In my experience you only get water under the drip tray once the drip tray is full. However the drip tray seems to be "full" before the red thing is all the way up.  

Comment

Originally posted by NE14COFFEE link=1188115488/0#12 date=1188473569
                            In my experience you only get water under the drip tray once the drip tray is full. However the drip tray seems to be "full" before the red thing is all the way up.
                            Get no water under the drip tray, and after 6 to 8 cups a day, bugger all in the drip tray its self. Maybe I have a good one, but I must admit it is to the extent I forget to empty and if not used for a day, it dies up. Wife hats that :-)

Comment

Originally posted by tatch link=1188115488/0#8 date=1188363024
                              Thank you. Im still playing with the ground coffee and getting the taste right. I have burnt the coffee cake a few times. If you have any tips on how fine the coffee ground should be and getting a perfect taste to the espresso please let me know.  Thank you.
                              It should be fine enough to get 50-60ml from a double basket in 25-30sec. If it takes longer than this you need to go courser on the grind, or finer grind if it comes out quicker than that.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X