Gaggia Classic Steam Wand issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaggia Classic Steam Wand issue

Help! The steam tip plastic parts will no longer go on the steamer wand on my Gaggia Classic. I noticed at first every now and then the whole thing would blow off into my jug. I ditched the frother attachment but that didnt help. Now the whole attachment seems too loose to grip the steamer wand and it doesnt stay on so I cant use the steamer at all. Can I just buy a replacement? Was there a seal of some sort that has disappeared?

Re: Gaggia Classic Steam Wand issue

Hi Trol frog.

How long have you had your Classic? Generally after a couple of years the two small dooflickys that are inside the plastic frotherr start to perish an lose their grip.
    All you need to do is buy a replacement wand tip set for about $12 from your Gaggia Supplier. Coffeeparts may have them or if you are in Adelaide I can put you on to the adress of the place that has them.

Comment

fit a silvia steam wand (very easy to fit) much easier to clean and great microfoam what more could you want....

It took me all of 10 minutes to fit to my classic and I was able to sorce it from Di Bartolis by post to brisbane within 48 hours great service

gaz

Comment

Does the Silvia wnad just screw on or what mods are required to attach it ?

thanks,
        Seedar.

Comment

mine just screwed on but if you do a search there is a really good thread about fitting it which will give you all the detail you need.

gaz

Comment

there is a very small difference in size - the silvia wand is a point of a mm larger than the classic wand and as such you will probable need to sand/file a little off the end to bring the diameter down a little. takes next to no time and this is a massive improvement in quality. do it. do it now.

Comment

yeah dont bother getting any gaggia wand parts as silvia has done it right

Comment

Originally posted by early_morning_ link=1189731124/0#5 date=1190082574
                there is a very small difference in size -  the silvia wand is a point of a mm larger than the classic wand and as such you will probable need to sand/file a little off the end to bring the diameter down a little. takes next to no time and this is a massive improvement in quality. do it. do it now.
                Di Bartoli Coffee Centre Bondi Junction provides an brass adaptor with the Silvia Steam Wand for the Gaggia. Cost me $29.95 all up, about 6 weeks ago.
                Phil

Comment

yep, i got the same adaptor phil, but the issue still remains with the silvia part being 0.1mm (or some similarly small amount) larger than the hole inside the upper copper tubing - you can get it in and all together with a little force, but unless the silvia end is reduced you lose the swivel of the wand (atleast i did) until you reduce the end size.

Comment

Here is the manual pic from my Gaggia - its the little parts 2 and 3 that seem to have been lost..

http://www.jodyekert.com/images/Gaggia.jpg

Coffeeparts doesnt have them and Im not sure Im up to pimping my coffee machine. Im based in Sydney so other suggestions??

Thanks!

Comment

I know where you can get them. I will try and find heir phone number again and pass it on to you.

EDIT: Follow this link http://www.gaggia.net.au/service.html for the repair place closest to you. Give them a call first. You will need to buy the whole plastic assembly - which is not a bad thing as they are only about $12.

I hope this helps

Comment

Hi,

We are service agent for Gaggia, if you need any parts let me know. I will be very happy to ship it to you.

Regards

Renzo

Comment

wand mod = really easy and probably about the same cost as the replacement parts to achieve a dramatic improvement in steam quality.

do it! do it now!!! if you know how to operate a spanner then you have all the skills required to do the mod...

Comment

Working...
                          X