Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Fixed!*** EM6910 leaking water under drip tray

Hey guys, need some advice...

The outlet from the three-way valve on my new EM6910 doesnt seem to align properly with the drip tray, with the result that the water coming out of the valve goes under the drip tray and leaks onto the bench!

I know this was a common problem with the EM6900, but thought it had been solved with the 6910? Has anyone here had a similar problem? I have found it difficult to reinstall the drip tray after removing it, it doesnt seem to want to click into place...

Any advice appreciated!

Re: EM6910 leaking water under drip tray

I had the same problem, called Sunbeam and they replaced it. It looks like there may have been a bad batch.

Comment

Originally posted by expressman link=1192508267/0#1 date=1192516045
      I had the same problem, called Sunbeam and they replaced it. It looks like there may have been a bad batch.
      Sounds like they have had quite a few bad batches. I can only imagine the mark up on these machines must be stupendous, given the number of returns they must get.

I got a bad batch with the 6900 - it was one of the very few that hasnt broken! : ;D

Comment

ok mine was a interesting one - it didnt click in from new, but when i forced it under and up once - it fitted everytime since normally!

Comment

Thanks, now fixed!

Same problem as gaggiaboy I think - just needed to get the angle right and give it some herbs

I didnt think the 6910 had been anywhere near as bad as the 6900 Dennis? But yeah, Ill bet theyre clearing a good 50% or so per machine between Sunbeam and the retailers - otherwise they couldnt afford the markdowns plus the Sunny free grinder promo earlier this year. But looking at the materials used, build quality etc, Id guess that the markup is considerably less than most kitchen applicances!

O/T, but big kudos to Sunbeam for the way they handled the faulty 6900s. A certain electronics company had a similar situation with one of their mobile phones - the air gap between glass outer and LCD screen was too thin, so when the phone was flexed slightly the LCD inside would crack. This happened to a lot of owners simply when the phone was sitting in their pocket! This companys response was to design an upgraded model with the problem fixed, just like SB with the 6910. But instead of offering free upgrades to owners of the old phone if it broke, they instructed their repair agents to classify any cracked screen as damage caused by the user and refuse to repair under warranty, regardless of whether there is evidence of the phone being dropped or otherwise abused.

Faulty goods are a fact of life, especially for new product lines, so youd expect a newcomer like the 69xx series to have teething problems compared to Silvia etc - its how the company responds to the situation theyre in that counts IMO. I dont think Sunbeam can be faulted in that regard!</OT>

Comment

Re: ***Fixed!*** EM6910 leaking water under drip t

In other words, "You knew you were in big trouble and you still told the truth... and we are so proud of you!"

Comment

Glad to hear youve got it working m@! I have to agree that I think the SB is pretty good value and so is their after-sales service. Just think its a pity that consumers are the new QA team for many companies.

Comment

True that! Some more time and money spent on QA would definitely have saved them in the long run! Hopefully theyve learned their lesson... :-?

Comment

im not just a pretty face after all.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1192508267/0#6 date=1192583287
                    Glad to hear youve got it working m@!  I have to agree that I think the SB is pretty good value and so is their after-sales service.  Just think its a pity that consumers are the new QA team for many companies.
                    Me too.
                    If they keep using customers for QA Ill be out of a job.

Comment

Working...
                    X