Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used a Nemox Napoletana coffee machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used a Nemox Napoletana coffee machine?

: My local coffee shop is selling a Nemox Napoletana coffee machine ($699), and I would love to hear from any snobs who are familiar with this machine? Is it a gem or a lemon....?

Thanks!

Re: Has anyone used a Nemox Napoletana coffee mach

Hi JMarie and welcome to CS!

The Nemox Napoletana is a lite version of the Cafe Dell Opera, which is basically the same machine as one I had for about four years and found it a very good machine. However the Napoletana in Nemoxs range has a smaller portafilter and boiler than the Cafe Dell Opera and I dont *think* its a brass boiler.

I would recommend having a read through www.coffeetamper.com.au/kb/imat/ which details a bit of info about the machine I had and some tips for improvements, however bear in mind these relate more to the Dell Opera in Nemoxs range than the Napoletana, but it will teach you a bit about the machine and a lot of it will probably relate to the Nemox Napoletana. You may also like to search CS for terms such as Lelit, Quaha and Imat as these are other brands the one I had go under.

Is it a gem or a lemon? Its probably a good enough machine in its own right, but if youre looking to spend that sort of money you can pick up the Lelit Combo for about $50 more which is the same machine under the hood as the Cafe Dell Opera but cheaper and a bit different in appearance, and Im sure this would give better results. Nemox tend to be fairly expensive for the machine and there are a few other variations of the same machine out there with minor cosmetic changes, and its these cosmetics you tend to pay for with Nemox. Having said that, theyre a nice looking machine and I think their set of cosmetics are one of the better ones out there, but you pay for it. Have a read through http://www.coffeeco.com.au/napoletana.html which is where I got mine from (note: here at CS we dont normally allow commercial links to non-sponsor sites, however I know that none of the sponsors here sell the machines were discussing or an equivalent).

Good luck!
    Greg

Comment

Thanks so much for your feedback Greg! I am new to the realm of home coffee machines and am looking at the Nemox Napoletana from our local shop or the Miss Sylvia from a site sponsor.

JMarie

Comment

Hi JMarie.

I too had a Imat Mokita, which is the same machine that Greg had, and they are great mahcines for a compact starter. One of the biggest notable differences when compared to a Silvia, is the built in Lux Burr grinder,... which makes it remarkably cheaper, when you consider you would have to purchase a quality grinder to pair with the Silvia. However it is not in the same class of machine.

To say either a Napoletana or Silvia is kinda like saying your looking at a Commodore or BMW.

Good Luck!
        Mark

Comment

JMarie, just to clarify, the Nemox Napoletana is NOT the same machine under the hood as the Imat / Quaha Napoletana as previously owned by myself and Zedd. They look similar but are less well made, so definitely read any comments about the Imat / Quaha Napoletana in that light (a pity they used the name Napoletana for their cheap model when everyone else has used it for the expensive model - confusing). Unfortunately I dont know all the differences but as I said in my first post I believe it does NOT have a brass boiler, and I think the portafilter is a smaller diameter, and there are probably other differences.

Id recommend a Silvia from a sponsor + a grinder in preference to the Nemox Napoletana. Alternatively the Nemox Cafe Dell Opera or the Lelit Combi would be a better choice than the Napoletana, which would give similar results to the Silvia.

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X