Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you use to clean/descale your EM69*0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use to clean/descale your EM69*0?

I know this topic has been covered elsewhere, but thought a poll might be interesting

Id be particularly interested in comments from anyone who has been using caffetto etc for a significant period of time - has it damaged the machine as far as you can tell?

Re: What do you use to clean/descale your EM69*0?

No votes - do I need to add an option for "I dont clean/descale"??

Comment

I too would be keen to know, as I only bought my Sunbeam on Sunday !

Would be great to hear the best way to keep this machine working, at its peak.

Comment

Ive used citric acid - seems to work fine.

Comment

so far just backflushing every month (just water and disc!) , and the factory anti-calc filter, and a really good water filter system feeding the tank. I have never descaled yet! (my bad!) but all seems good so far.... maybe im trusting the Stainless steel lined internals too much ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by m@ link=1193634283/0#1 date=1193718264
            No votes - do I need to add an option for "I dont clean/descale"??
            No mate, I was looking for the worm

Comment

I use the SB Tablets once every 3 months, Backflush after every session... always use filtered water, after being boiled, and the factory anti-calc filter with SS lined TB... probably dont need to do a descale for at least 12months... or more...

Prevention is the key.

Comment

MarcS, how do you Backflush? Is that simply using the cleaning disc, without a tablet?

What filled water system do you use?

Thanks
                Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

Yeh, after every session I use the Disc and water and backflush

I use Brita or Equivilent,.. or Bottled Water

Comment

Is a plain water backflush sufficient to clean out the coffee oils, fines etc from the showerscreen & group though? I was under the impression that every machine needed regular cleaning with a detergent of some description. Id actually been a bit reluctant to backflush without any chemicals in case it forced oils etc back further into the machine :-/

Im already using Brita filtered water, so thats a good start

Comment

My water backflushes arent ment to remove the oils... more keeping it as clean as I can without weekly chemical cleans...

Comment

Weve been advising whats stated above in the coffee appreciation courses but mostly have been advocating the usage of the sunbeam cleaning tablets. However, commercial grade cleaners can be used on the EM6910 as long as the machine is THOROUGHLY FLUSHED/RINSED with water afterwards due to the caustic nature of these cleaning products.

In both domestic and commercial situations we will run some shots that go straight into the sink before making one for ourselves after chemical cleaning.

Comment

My cleaner advises on the pack to run a shot after cleaning and its not a chemical one.

Comment

I just clean the shower screen with a cloth, then just use the disc and hot water to backflush, after every session. I use filtered water (Brita) and havent descaled yet. Ive had the machine for almost three months so I might have to descale soon. The manual says that using vinegar is OK.

Comment

ok ok ok so im convinced by this thread that ive got to do more.... so i ordered my group head tablets today... well c if there worth the $

Comment

Working...
                              X