Gaggia Classic Drip Tray "insert"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaggia Classic Drip Tray "insert"

Hi, I might not be the smartest card in the pack :-? but for the life of me I cannot work out what the use of the black plastic insert under the metal lid of the drip tray is for. Any ideas? I guess there must be but they elude me. :

Re: Gaggia Classic Drip Tray "insert"

After 20 CSers have viewed this post I still have no idea what this flat black plastic "insert" that fits under the stainless steel drip tray holes is for. What purpose does it have? Surely I am not the only person who has one of these inserts :.

Comment

If I knew mate, Id tell you but no doubt Cindy will be along soon and she will be able to help you out ,

Cheers,
      Mal.

Comment

sheesh, a bit of patience please!!!

I am not really sure, I assumed that it is there to prevent any overflow when the tray fills up. I noticed that any build up of liquid sits under it instead of just overflowing out of the metal tray when I had been neglectful of cleaning my tray out as often as I should.

Comment

I was just starting to think along those lines. Maybe to stop the slops slopping over on the way to the sink!

Comment

hi

because of the small base area of the drain tray, remove it and increase the chance of spilling slops when carrying

Comment

yeah i never knew what it was for so just chucked it bin

Comment

Whilst Im not an expert Im fairly sure that the plastic insert is a spray suppressor. The idea is that when you flush your steam wand into the tray you do not get spray or splash from the dregs flying around the base of the machine.

Having said that, I too have found it annoying and dispensed with it long ago!

Comment

Thanx guys, I now have a few logical reasons for the insert. All of them make sense. I find it strange that there is no reference in the text nor a picture of it in the manual. Even on independent parts websites there is no mention of it. I am glad the manual showed the On/Off switch or I might be milking everyones brains to find out what it was.

Comment

Working...
                  X